locked All Decodes Alert

Dave Harris

I use my VR5000 to monitor looking for band openings, primarily on 6 and 10 meters. Is there a way for JTAlert to do an audio alert of All Decodes and not just for enabled alerts?
If not, I'd like to propose that such a function be added. It would be nice if it could easily be turned on and off with a checkbox similar to the QSL checkbox.

--
Dave Harris, K7PDW
Keep On Ham'n

--
Dave, K7PDW
Keep On Ham'n

Dave Garber

i dont think it would keep up with all decodes, when those bands open...., especially if you are new to the band, everything would be alerted into the next decode and beyond

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 2:47 PM Dave Harris <vlfwoody@...> wrote:
I use my VR5000 to monitor looking for band openings, primarily on 6 and 10 meters. Is there a way for JTAlert to do an audio alert of All Decodes and not just for enabled alerts?
If not, I'd like to propose that such a function be added. It would be nice if it could easily be turned on and off with a checkbox similar to the QSL checkbox.

--
Dave Harris, K7PDW
Keep On Ham'n

--
Dave, K7PDW
Keep On Ham'n

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/08/2021 4:41 am, Dave Harris wrote:
I use my VR5000 to monitor looking for band openings, primarily on 6 and 10 meters. Is there a way for JTAlert to do an audio alert of All Decodes and not just for enabled alerts?
If not, I'd like to propose that such a function be added. It would be nice if it could easily be turned on and off with a checkbox similar to the QSL checkbox.

--
Dave Harris, K7PDW

You need to use the "Out of Shack" Alert. It can be set to alert on Band openings, specific Alerts triggered or activity over a certain distance. Once this Alert has tripped and you return your attention to what is being decoded, the OOS Alert can be turned off via the Settings menu and all your previous enabled Alerts will become active again.

See the "Alerts -> Miscellaneous Alerts -> Out of Shack" section of the Settings window.

On 18/08/2021 5:08 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
the OOS Alert can be turned off via the Settings menu

Correction, that is via the "Alerts" menu.

de Laurie VK3AMA