Topics

locked Alerts for New Continents and New Grids Seem to Be Inconsistent -- See Screen Shots

Chuck Adams

This seems to be a recent development.  Note these two screen shots:

ABOVE:  How can Cueta Melilla be BOTH Worked B4 (coded in grey) AND a New Continent, New Country and New Grid at the same time?

BTW, since when is Cueta Melilla a continent?  My maps say it is connected to Spain.

How can K0XB be BOTH already worked AND a NEW GRID (even after the QSO is logged)?

Thanks and 73,

Chuck Adams
KV4VT

Larry Banks

Ceuta Melilla in in Africa.  I believe B4 applies to the station.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 17:08
Subject: [HamApps] Alerts for New Continents and New Grids Seem to Be Inconsistent -- See Screen Shots

This seems to be a recent development.  Note these two screen shots:

ABOVE:  How can Cueta Melilla be BOTH Worked B4 (coded in grey) AND a New Continent, New Country and New Grid at the same time?

BTW, since when is Cueta Melilla a continent?  My maps say it is connected to Spain.

How can K0XB be BOTH already worked AND a NEW GRID (even after the QSO is logged)?

Thanks and 73,

Chuck Adams
KV4VT

g4wjs

On 12/08/2020 22:08, Chuck Adams wrote:

This seems to be a recent development.  Note these two screen shots:

ABOVE:  How can Cueta Melilla be BOTH Worked B4 (coded in grey) AND a New Continent, New Country and New Grid at the same time?

BTW, since when is Cueta Melilla a continent?  My maps say it is connected to Spain.

How can K0XB be BOTH already worked AND a NEW GRID (even after the QSO is logged)?

Thanks and 73,

Chuck Adams
KV4VT

Hi Chuck,

Cueta & Melilla are in Africa.

The new continent alert is probably because you don't have Africa confirmed yet according to the criteria you have sent in the update screen.

Did you check that your QSO K0XB is really in your log?

Bill
G4WJS.

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 13/08/2020 7:08 am, Chuck Adams wrote:
How can K0XB be BOTH already worked AND a NEW GRID (even after the QSO is logged)?

Your image does not show K0XB as already worked (there is no B4 shown). Is K0XB in your log?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 13/08/2020 7:08 am, Chuck Adams wrote:
How can Cueta Melilla be BOTH Worked B4 (coded in grey) AND a New Continent, New Country and New Grid at the same time?

B4 coloring applies to individual stations NOT Continents, Countries or Grids. Your image shows 2 stations from Cueta Melilla, one colored B4 and the other not (not previously worked) and it is generating the DXCC Alert because that DXCC is not flagged as no longer needed.

de Laurie VK3AMA