locked Alert on log to DX Keeper not working (2.50.4)

Rick Boswell

Much was not working for me in 2.50.3, as many others have reported. Installing 2.50.4 corrected all issues I have tested so far except one: in previous versions, an audio alert was sounded to confirm a successful log entry to DX Keeper. With 2.50.4, this seems to have disappeared. The pop up boxes are as before and logging is correct but no alert audio is heard; other audio alerts are working as expected. I have looked multiple times at the various alert settings and also at the DXK Config setting and Help files but not seeing a way to enable/disable this alert. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Rick
K8EZB

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/07/2021 1:57 am, Rick Boswell wrote:
in previous versions, an audio alert was sounded to confirm a successful log entry to DX Keeper. With 2.50.4, this seems to have disappeared. The pop up boxes are as before and logging is correct but no alert audio is heard; other audio alerts are working as expected. I have looked multiple times at the various alert settings and also at the DXK Config setting and Help files but not seeing a way to enable/disable this alert. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Rick
K8EZB

Look under the "Alerts -> Miscellaneous Alerts -> Windows Notifications" section of the main JTAlert Settings window.

Make sure the "Enable" checkbox is ticked, top left corner of that Settings section.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rick Boswell

ENABLE box was checked but apparently 2.50.4 cleared all of my .wav file selections; reselected these and now working..

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/07/2021 9:37 am, Rick Boswell wrote:
apparently 2.50.4 cleared all of my .wav file selections

The only time that JTAlert will set the sound file paths to nothing is when starting and it finds that the previously set sound files are no longer available. it does this on an individual sound file basis.

If all sound file paths were empty, it is likely due to the entire sound file directory being deleted or an uninstall the Sound files package prior to performing your JTAlert upgrade. Another possibility is that JTAlert was actively being blocked from checking the sound file existence by your PC Protection software.

de Laurie VK3AMA