Topics

Alert not working on #FT8 F/H mode #FT8

OM Marlon

Hello, noticed that audio alert was not working for me in hound mode while chasing Mozambique. Call appeared to be same.color.with new dxcc, but would not do an audio alert. Have I missed something, config perhaps. I even specified the call in miscellaneous alerts under wanted callsign.

73 de Marlon, DW3CWM

Ron W3RJW

By design.  See previous discussion:

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/topic/26746146#21892
Ron, W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x 2.3.0, JTAlert 2.16.17, HRD Deluxe v6.7
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

OM Marlon

Thanks Ron. Missed that out. It would certainly be nice to one day have that audio alert.

Best 73

Marlon, DW3CWM

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x 2.3.0, JTAlert 2.16.17, HRD Deluxe v6.7
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

neil_zampella

It would be rather redundant as you know the DXPedition callsign you're looking for, in F/H, if you can see the station's replies, you can call the station, you don't have to wait for a CQ call.     The program will still act as intermediary to your logger without an issue.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 05:30 PM, OM Marlon wrote:

Thanks Ron. Missed that out. It would certainly be nice to one day have that audio alert.

Best 73

Marlon, DW3CWM

OM Marlon

I understand Neil but sometimes you can see only the hounds calling, not the fox, maybe because propagation does not work well for you. I would rather wait when I can already hear the fox, that is where the audio alert will come in really handy, than call blindly
and join the melee. We can not work what we can not hear hihi. Thanks

Best 73 de Marlon DW3CWM

On 2021-04-08 6:22 PM, OM Marlon via groups.io wrote:
I would rather wait when I can already hear the fox, that is where the audio alert will come in really handy, than call blindly and join
the melee.
The Fox will either transmit his call in the normal protocol - if he
is only calling *one* hound on that stream - or a hash (call appears
in <call>) of his call - if he is answering *two* stations on that
stream. JTAlert *will* announce - "DX!" - the needed DX *if* it sees
the "plain text" call.

73,

... Joe, W4TV