Topics

Alaska

Bill - AA4M

I just worked 2 different Alaskan stations on 17M FT8, but they continue to be displayed in my NOT "Worked-B4" color scheme.  All others on the band seem to be identified OK by JTAlert.  What does the program have against our 49th state?  :)

73, Bill  AA4M

Brian (N2MLP)

Confirmed?

========================

de N2MLP Brian

Monroe County PA

========================

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill - AA4M
Sent: Sunday, February 9, 2020 4:34 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] Alaska

I just worked 2 different Alaskan stations on 17M FT8, but they continue to be displayed in my NOT "Worked-B4" color scheme.  All others on the band seem to be identified OK by JTAlert.  What does the program have against our 49th state?  :)

73, Bill  AA4M

Ron W3RJW

Certain stations do not show as worked B4 in the latest version during a session. Laurie is working on it.  How about when you restart JTAlert ?
--
Ron, W3RJW

Bill - AA4M

I don't understand your question!

Maybe if I re-phrase  my question.  When JTAlert sees a call outside of CONUS, it colors the call red with a yellow background.  When I work these stations, JTAlert then displays then shows the call with black text on a dark red background.  Normally this works fine.  The exception was an hour ago or so when I worked 2 Alaskan stations on 17M FT8, yet they continued to show as red text on a yellow background (not worked on this band).  I double checked and yes, my log showed them as worked on 17M but JTAlert said they had not been worked on 17M.

73, Bill - AA4M

On 02/09/2020 14:47:25, Brian (N2MLP) wrote:

Confirmed?

========================

de N2MLP Brian

Monroe County PA

========================

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill - AA4M
Sent: Sunday, February 9, 2020 4:34 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] Alaska

73, Bill  AA4M

Bill - AA4M

I neglected to mention that I had just installed 2.15.9.  So after reading Ron's message, I rebooted but both Alaskans had left the band.

73, Bill

On 02/09/2020 14:52:56, Ron W3RJW via Groups.Io wrote:
Certain stations do not show as worked B4 in the latest version during a session. Laurie is working on it.  How about when you restart JTAlert ?
--
Ron, W3RJW

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/02/2020 8:33 am, Bill - AA4M wrote:

73, Bill  AA4M
All B4 checks are done against the logger enabled in JTAlert.
What logger are you using? Is it HRD? If so what log type MSAccess, MSSQL or MySQL?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bill - AA4M

On 02/09/2020 15:11:38, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 10/02/2020 8:33 am, Bill - AA4M wrote:
I just worked 2 different Alaskan stations on 17M FT8, but they continue to be displayed in my NOT "Worked-B4" color scheme.� All others on the band seem to be identified OK by JTAlert.� What does the program have against our 49th state?� :)

73, Bill� AA4M
All B4 checks are done against the logger enabled in JTAlert.
What logger are you using? Is it HRD? If so what log type MSAccess, MSSQL or MySQL?

de Laurie VK3AMA

DXLab's DXKeeper is my logger.  JTAlert successfully sent both Alaska QSO's to my logger.

73, Bill

Bill - AA4M

On 02/09/2020 14:52:56, Ron W3RJW via Groups.Io wrote:
--
Ron, W3RJW
OK, I just worked a JA who was calling CQ.  My QSO was successfully logged into DXKeeper.  Then the same JA popped up again calling CQ and was NOT shown as B4.  I closed JTAlert and WSJT-X, restarted them, now the same JA is showing correctly as B4.

Is there a link to 2.15.8 which I can reinstall until this problem is resolved?

Thanks, Bill  AA4M

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/02/2020 11:17 am, Bill - AA4M wrote:
Is there a link to 2.15.8 which I can reinstall until this problem is resolved?
Bottom of the page from where you download JTAlert, https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

OK, I just worked a JA who was calling CQ.  My QSO was successfully logged into DXKeeper.  Then the same JA popped up again calling CQ and was NOT shown as B4.  I closed JTAlert and WSJT-X, restarted them, now the same JA is showing correctly as B4.

Bill,

What options to you have set for the Worked B4 Alert?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bill - AA4M

On 02/09/2020 18:04:40, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
OK, I just worked a JA who was calling CQ.� My QSO was successfully logged into DXKeeper.� Then the same JA popped up again calling CQ and was NOT shown as B4.� I closed JTAlert and WSJT-X, restarted them, now the same JA is showing correctly as B4.

Bill,

What options to you have set for the Worked B4 Alert?

���

de Laurie VK3AMA

Just the same as yours:

I reinstalled 2.15.8 which solved the problem.

BTW - I'm a retired computer programmer - I know what you're going through, hi!

73, Bill  AA4M

Dave Garber

did you confirm on qrz that they are in fact alaska, and not one of the many I have seen , that are now on the mainland

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 4:34 PM Bill - AA4M <MrBill@...> wrote:

73, Bill  AA4M

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/02/2020 12:17 pm, Bill - AA4M wrote:

73, Bill  AA4M
Bill,

Please check your log, did the offending Callsigns get logged with a grid or is it empty?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bill - AA4M

On 02/09/2020 22:13:18, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 10/02/2020 12:17 pm, Bill - AA4M wrote:

73, Bill� AA4M
Bill,

Please check your log, did the offending Callsigns get logged with a grid or is it empty?

de Laurie VK3AMA

The grids are all there.

73, Bill  AA4M

Ron W3RJW

Edited

Just to let you know I loaded 2.15.9 (latest iteration, (I know it has nothing to do with this problem)) just to make sure I didn't overlook something and it it still occurs as described (Zones and Grid squares logged).  WSJT-X correctly displays previous session contacts as worked before, but not JTAlert.  Went back to 2.15.8 and all is as expected. That's where I am now.
--
Ron, W3RJW

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/02/2020 11:53 pm, Ron W3RJW via Groups.Io wrote:
Just to let you know I loaded 2.15.9 (latest iteration, (I know it has nothing to do with this problem)) just to make sure I didn't overlook something and it it still occurs as described (Zones and Grid squares logged).  WSJT-X correctly displays previous session contacts as worked before, but not JTAlert.  Went back to 2.15.8 and all is as expected. That's where I am now.
--
Ron, W3RJW
That's to be expected as this no B4 display after logging issue only surfaced after the 2.15.9 release and there hasn't been a new public release yet.

de Laurie VK3AMA