will not change until Laurie has completed the migration to version 3.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-29 9:39 AM, Bill M wrote:
I can adjust the callsign window but not the main window. I have tried unchecking the boes but it will not move. It is wider than the WSJT-X screen and blocks the waterfall on my screen.
Bill

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/05/2021 11:39 pm, Bill M wrote:
I can adjust the callsign window but not the main window. I have tried unchecking the boes but it will not move. It is wider than the WSJT-X screen and blocks the waterfall on my screen.
Bill

NO.

The width of the main JTAlert window is constrained by the width of the display area of the Log Fields and the Confirmed Bands/Modes.

Eventually, when those two displays are moved over to the new .NET 5 code-base (introduced with JTAlert 2.50.0), the main window becomes irrelevant, at which time it will be replaced with either a small floating toolbar or an icon in the Windows notification area (or both), I haven't decided how that will play-out.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bill M

Laurie,
Thank you...got it. I almost never use the opening window and only want to see the callsigns. So when chasing DX(i.e. 3A) When changing between clusters and bands, that screen keeps popping up over the waterfall hi. I have my screen set up in 4 mostly equal quadrants, WSJTx top left, cluster top right, waterfall bottom right and JTAlert callsigns bottom left. When changing clusters the larger screen covers the waterfall.

I know...a separate monitor for the cluster...I have but a pain to keep it right also.

This is all minor stuff, but just wondering if I could change the size or default to the call sign screen.

Thank you for a game changing piece of software and the constant attention to it's excellence.

Bill W2CQ

Dave Garber

why not just minimize the main jta window, and leave the callsign window up only

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On 30/05/2021 11:47 pm, Bill M wrote:
that screen keeps popping up over the waterfall

Simple, turn off the docking to WSJT-X. With it enabled, whenever WSJT-X is brought forward of other windows it is dragging the old JTAlert window along as well.

Docking can be turned off via the "View" menu, topmost entry.

de Laurie VK3AMA