address not logging

AH0U

For some reason the address is no longer logging to my HRD l;og...I have checked log full name and address but it is not logging... everything else is working but not this....Any ideas

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/01/2022 4:24 am, AH0U wrote:
For some reason the address is no longer logging to my HRD l;og...I have checked log full name and address but it is not logging... everything else is working but not this....Any ideas

Turn on one of the XML services in JTAlert, "Web Services -? Online XML Callbooks" section of the Settings window. If you already have a service enabled and it is the QRZ paid service make sure it has not expired.

de Laurie VK3AMA

AH0U

I have done that and I have set the correct password and my subscription does not expire for 4 more years... I can do a log entry in HRD log and it pulls the address fine.. just in WSJT using JTAleer it logs but no address.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/01/2022 4:57 am, AH0U wrote:
I have done that and I have set the correct password and my subscription does not expire for 4 more years... I can do a log entry in HRD log and it pulls the address fine.. just in WSJT using JTAleer it logs but no address.

What does the status for the QRZ XML service show in JTAlert, post an image.
Is the expiry data as you expect? Does the last lookup date correspond to your last QSO logged?

de Laurie VK3AMA

AH0U

Big thanks to Mike W9MDB who logged on to my system and fixed it!!!!!TNX Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
73 de AH0U

Michael Black

Problem was he didn't have the Logging option checked for saving the Address in JTAlert.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 12:37:14 PM CST, AH0U <bruce@...> wrote:

Big thanks to Mike W9MDB who logged on to my system and fixed it!!!!!TNX Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
73 de AH0U

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 13/01/2022 5:38 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Problem was he didn't have the Logging option checked for saving the Address in JTAlert.

Mike W9MDB
Tnx Mike.

In the first post to this message thread it was stated that "I have checked log full name and address" was that not the case?

Correct...that was not the case.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 12:51:39 PM CST, Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

On 13/01/2022 5:38 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
> Problem was he didn't have the Logging option checked for saving the
> Address in JTAlert.
>
> Mike W9MDB

Tnx Mike.

In the first post to this message thread it was stated that "I have
checked log full name and address" was that not the case?

This stuff is getting very complicated for many users.
So many options and so many programs running at once.

He had checked these
Inline image

But not
Inline image

Mike

On 13/01/2022 8:36 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
This stuff is getting very complicated for many users.
So many options and so many programs running at once.

One of the reasons I try to include long descriptions on checkboxes is that what the setting is for should be evident.

That setting shown in your image requires no further explanation in my opinion. It is the setting the user claimed in the initial post was enabled which turned out wasn't.

I don't buy the "too complicated" argument so often touted.

I've talked to a LOT of operators who are simply overwhelmed by all the computer stuff involved now.
Then there's the younger computer illiterate crowd who have a mental block when things don't work the first time.
Then there's the ones who start clicking/changing all sorts of stuff and get themselves wrapped around the proverbial axle.
Then there's the forgetful crowd which applies to many seniors losing some of their mental acuity.

So lots of people for whom all these options are not clear.  Don't know how we could make it any simpler really...this stuff just gets more and more complex/complicated.

Mike

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 03:51:00 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 13/01/2022 8:36 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
This stuff is getting very complicated for many users.
So many options and so many programs running at once.

One of the reasons I try to include long descriptions on checkboxes is that what the setting is for should be evident.

That setting shown in your image requires no further explanation in my opinion. It is the setting the user claimed in the initial post was enabled which turned out wasn't.

I don't buy the "too complicated" argument so often touted.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Cooper

On 13 Jan 2022 at 8:50, HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
wrote:

One of the reasons I try to include
long descriptions on checkboxes is
that what the setting is for should
be evident.
Since verbose descriptions are not shunned,
may I suggest the following for that item?

* Include address returned from XML or previous QSO
lookup in QSO log.

Basically says the same thing, but starts out talking
about the subject (address) not the target (Log)...

w2jc