Topics

Addition request for HamApps #FT8 #DXLAB #HamSpots

Jim

I am running DXLab, WSJT-x and HamApps on my Dell Optiplex computer and everything has been working great  thanks to several people from this group, WSJTx and DXLab groups. Two days ago I tried running a program called GridTracker and I like the ability to plot the grids you work on a map. This program supports my 6M and (recent) 2M VUCC efforts.
The problem is if I run GridTracker I have to shut something else down because I dont have memory to run everything and the computer is maxed out memory.

I only run gridtracker for the gridsquare map and nothing else. So, my question is   any chance you can integrate a similar gridsquare map into HamApps?  I use HamApps every single day  and as I am hearing impaired I dont use CW much so I am on FT8 most of the time. I love DXLab, WSJTx and HamApps they are indispensable to me and I cant turn any of them off to get gridtracker.

Thanks
Jim K3YBN

g4wjs

On 09/01/2021 17:27, Jim wrote:
[...]

Jim,

what makes you think memory is being exhausted? Have you eliminated any other processes or system services that might be consuming excessive memory?

Bill
G4WJS.

Jim

Bill,
Sorry I didnt see this response. Sometimes I get so tied up operating that I forget to check the groups for info.

Anyhow I know memory is being used up because if I check the Task Master has an extremely small amount of physical memory free (as mine does now) see picture below   I know from past experience and training that everything slows to a crawl and sometimes stops when free memory gets down to such low values. In any event why have all those applications running in the background when you only want one small portion of the program.
Like most humans my age I am starting to get visually impaired (and slow to pick up on errors, so smack me in the back of the head occasionally) and while I like the data in tabular form on occasion, for every day use I much prefer a graff or picture to operate from so I can keep what little bit of attention span I have left on the main topic OPERATING!  Thats why I ask for a map with grid squares that are filled in when I work that grid

Thanks for all your help Bill

Jim

but let me

Jim Cooper

On 18 Jan 2021 at 9:37, Jim wrote:

Thats why I ask for a map with grid squares that
are filled in when I work that grid
check out GRID TRACKER ... it does exactly that,
without loading down JTalert with extra overhead.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Thats why I ask for a map with grid squares that are filled in when I
work that grid
+ If you're using DXLab, you can do that with the DX Atlas world map. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GridPlottingDXAtlas

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

jms5000acp

Dave,

Does this track by band (separate map for each band) or is there only one
map that is updated regardless of any band the grid is worked/confirmed?

73,
John, N8WNA