Topics

ACL, JTAlert, and Port 1100

W5BT

I'm sorry to bother everyone with this question, but after searching the archives I was unable to find a solution. I have been unable to connect to ACL through port 1100 via the local PC setting. I was able to do a work around by utilizing the remote PC function. However I would like to keep that set up for the Field Day and utilize the PC setting for the ACL. I am not trying to run ACL and the Contest Field Day log at the same time. I actually was not able to use the local PC option even before I loaded the Field Day log. For some reason JTAlert is just not able to find the ACL location without utilizing the remote PC function and me entering the location.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bruce W5BT

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/06/2020 2:43 pm, W5BT via groups.io wrote:
I'm sorry to bother everyone with this question, but after searching the archives I was unable to find a solution. I have been unable to connect to ACL through port 1100 via the local PC setting. I was able to do a work around by utilizing the remote PC function. However I would like to keep that set up for the Field Day and utilize the PC setting for the ACL. I am not trying to run ACL and the Contest Field Day log at the same time. I actually was not able to use the local PC option even before I loaded the Field Day log. For some reason JTAlert is just not able to find the ACL location without utilizing the remote PC function and me entering the location.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bruce W5BT

Bruce,

If your able to connect to ACLog via the Remote Configuration than you should be able to when selecting the Local Configuration option. All the Local option does is that it reads the ACLog config file to determine the Log file path and the API port, removing you from the responsibility of manually setting the correct values. Does your local option show the correct values for those two properties, that is do they match what you set when using Remote? I suspect they may not match. Send a screen-capture of the Settings window (please not your entire desktop, just the window).

This is mine with ACLog connectivity working in both Local & Remote config modes (note the Log and Port values are identical as they should be).

de Laurie VK3AMA

W5BT

Here is the screen shot. The port number will not populate or allow manual entry. I've checked the port number on ACL and it is checked and shows 1100.

4E8833D160E74D5C9958D0C5A3EF0C55.png
Bruce W5BT

Michael Black

Click the "Remote Networked PC" -- which really means "Network Connection"
"Local PC" really manes "Local File".

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, June 27, 2020, 08:00:55 AM CDT, W5BT via groups.io <bwtmlt@...> wrote:

Here is the screen shot. The port number will not populate or allow manual entry. I've checked the port number on ACL and it is checked and shows 1100.

4E8833D160E74D5C9958D0C5A3EF0C55.png
Bruce W5BT

Art Olson

Bruce

Uncheck the port number in acl. Manually type in a different port number. Doesn’t matter the number as I selected 2247. Recheck the box. Restart ACL. Verify the port number is what you set. Then start JTAlert it will read the ACL file and apply the port number you set in ACL

Art N2AJO

On Jun 27, 2020, at 9:00 AM, W5BT via groups.io <bwtmlt@...> wrote:

Here is the screen shot. The port number will not populate or allow manual entry. I've checked the port number on ACL and it is checked and shows 1100.

<dummyfile.0.part>

Bruce W5BT

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/06/2020 11:00 pm, W5BT via groups.io wrote:
Here is the screen shot. The port number will not populate or allow manual entry. I've checked the port number on ACL and it is checked and shows 1100.

4E8833D160E74D5C9958D0C5A3EF0C55.png
Bruce W5BT

Bruce,

The local configuration is automatic and doesn't allow for manual entry of values. The log file and port numbers are automatically populated (to avoid users selecting incorrect values) by JTAlert after reading the ACLog configuration file. With no data shown indicates that either JTAlert was unable to locate the ACLog config file in its fixed  (ie not user changeable) location or JTAlert was prevented from reading it.

I suggest a quick reinstall of ACLog to ensure that its config file is in the correct directory.
If your running ACLog elevated (set to run as administrator) that will cause Windows to prevent JTAlert from reading the ACLog config.

You need to restart JTAlert after any ACLog configuration changes.

If the Local configuration option stills fails to populate, than switch JTAlert to using the Remote configuration which will allow you to populate the 1100 port and select teh ACLog file (make sure you get that correct).

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dave Garber

Are you trying to configure a log or the field day log

sent by my LG phone

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020, 12:43 AM W5BT via groups.io, <bwtmlt=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm sorry to bother everyone with this question, but after searching the archives I was unable to find a solution. I have been unable to connect to ACL through port 1100 via the local PC setting. I was able to do a work around by utilizing the remote PC function. However I would like to keep that set up for the Field Day and utilize the PC setting for the ACL. I am not trying to run ACL and the Contest Field Day log at the same time. I actually was not able to use the local PC option even before I loaded the Field Day log. For some reason JTAlert is just not able to find the ACL location without utilizing the remote PC function and me entering the location.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bruce W5BT

W5BT

Thank you Laurie and everyone.
I tried all the suggestions to get the local pc to work but wasn't successful.
Probably just something with this computer.  No worries, the remote works fine. I also found out by accident today, that regardless of the file location selected for the remote configuration (ACL or Field Day database)  JTAlert sent information and logged the contact to the database that was open (or is my computer just that jacked up?).
Great feature or happy accident, but i forgot to change the file location after FD and worked a half dozen locations. The fact that ACL was working fine, I didn't realize I hadn't changed the folder location till later. I went back and opened the database and all contacts were ACL and not in the FD log.
Anyway thank you Laurie for a wonderful program. Don't know how I ever used WSJT-X without it.
Thanks
Bruce W5BT

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 29/06/2020 12:11 pm, W5BT via groups.io wrote:
The fact that ACL was working fine, I didn't realize I hadn't changed the folder location till later. I went back and opened the database and all contacts were ACL and not in the FD log.
JTAlert sends logging commands to the N3FJP logger (ACLog or FD) on the standard 1100 port. As to which logger the QSO ends up in that depends on which logger is running and has the 1100 port API service running. JTAlert doesn't know which Logger is active and receiving. JTAlert only needs to know the actual log file used, and thus the need for changing when switching loggers, is when it performs a QSO was logged check AND for all B4 checks. If you fail to switch the N3FJP log path in JTAlert after you switch loggers you will likely see previously worked Callsigns not flagged as B4s and get repeated "Unable to confirm QSO was logged" messages.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Norm Fasoletos

Is there a JT Alert User Manual available?

Norm - K7NWF