Topics

locked Access setting without WSJT-X open

James Fuller N7VR <n7vr@...>

It would be nice if we could access settings for JTALERT when WSJT-x is not open.

I often get requests to listen for a station attempting to complete an award. I normally add the call sign to the wanted call sign list. This notifies me when they are operating. I, also, like to change the configuration of the link to programs like DXLABS, N1MM, Etc depending on the upcoming operating situation. Having to bring up WSJT-x when the radios are not on or disconnected is troublesome. Therefore I suggest there be a way to access the settings without having WSJT-x up.

Jim Fuller
Montana Section Emergency Coordinator
N7VR -- http://www.n7vr.org
ARRL Life Member
CWOP-2 -- http://www.wxqa.com
Original ARECC contributor

Dave Garber

Why can't you?

sent by my LG phone

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020, 2:16 PM James Fuller N7VR via groups.io, <n7vr=n7vr.org@groups.io> wrote:
It would be nice if we could access settings for JTALERT when WSJT-x is
not open.

I often get requests to listen for a station attempting to complete an
award. I normally add the call sign to the wanted call sign list. This
notifies me when they are operating. I, also, like to change the
configuration of the link to programs like DXLABS, N1MM, Etc depending
on the upcoming operating situation. Having to bring up WSJT-x when the
radios are not on or disconnected is troublesome. Therefore I suggest
there be a way to access the settings without having WSJT-x up.

Jim Fuller
Montana Section Emergency Coordinator
N7VR -- http://www.n7vr.org
ARRL Life Member
CWOP-2 -- http://www.wxqa.com
Original ARECC contributor

James Fuller N7VR <n7vr@...>

Every time I open JTALert with out WSJT-x running, I get an error message waiting for WSjt-x.
Only option is to wait or close.
I9m Fuller N7VR

--
Jim Fuller
Montana Section Emergency Coordinator
N7VR -- http://www.n7vr.org
ARRL Life Member
CWOP-2 -- http://www.wxqa.com
Original ARECC contributor

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/08/2020 5:00 am, James Fuller N7VR via groups.io wrote:
Every time I open JTALert with out WSJT-x running, I get an error message waiting for WSjt-x.
Only option is to wait or close.
I9m Fuller N7VR

JTAlert does not complete its startup until WSJT-X or JTDX is running, as critical communication settings in JTAlert cannot be set until the settings of WSJT-X/ JTDX are determined.

JTAlert needs to be running, fully started, before you can access the Settings window.

FWIW, I am not aware of any other applications that provide gui access to their settings without the parent application being first started, JTAlert is no different.

de Laurie VK3AMA