locked Access newest Help file prior to installation?

Andrew; KF6LU

I've not installed V2.5. I'm reluctant due to all the comments r/t its installation at this point. But I would like to view the newest help file prior to installation.
Could current help file be posted say on the HamApps.group.io file section or on the HamApp site? Or can I download the latest version but not run the install and have access to the help file?
Also; Hope someone will post a YouTube video.  I'd like to see the screens etc. prior to install.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/04/2021 5:04 am, Andrew; KF6LU wrote:
I've not installed V2.5. I'm reluctant due to all the comments r/t its installation at this point. But I would like to view the newest help file prior to installation.
Could current help file be posted say on the HamApps.group.io file section or on the HamApp site? Or can I download the latest version but not run the install and have access to the help file?
Also; Hope someone will post a YouTube video.  I'd like to see the screens etc. prior to install.

Here you go
https://HamApps.com/JTAlert/JTAlertV2Help.chm

Since the file is getting downloaded off the net, Windows will block it and prevent viewing the content. Bring up the properties (via a right-click) of the file and tick the "unblock" setting..

FYI, eventually all JTAlert Help content will be post for online viewin.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Andrew; KF6LU

THANK YOU !  That answered my questions and concerns.

neil_zampella

You CAN install v2.50 to a different directory and not mess up the earlier version.   Then you can review the help file.

However, the Release Notes have most of the main changes listed, if not all.

What do you want to know exactly?

Neil, KN3ILZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/04/2021 12:04 am, neil_zampella wrote:
You CAN install v2.50 to a different directory and not mess up the earlier version

Sorry, that is incorrect. While installing to a different directory is the normal solution for installing multiple versions of an application. It wont work with JTAlert. The old install directory will loose files and there is no facility for creating a version specific Windows start-menu groups for the shortcuts.

This limitation is historical dating back to the early days of JTAlert. Eventually when the old code is gone I will move JTAlert to support multiple version installations.

de Laurie VK3AMA

neil_zampella

Sorry ... I could have sworn I had two versions installed at one time.

My bad,

Neil, KN3ILZ