locked A curiosity at least

Dana Smith

So, I am running WSJTX 2.3.1, JT Alert 2.16.17 and Log4OM V2 2.16.0 and using Omnirig with an IC7410 on a Windows 10 computer. When I push Log QSO in WSJTX it used to automatically log into Log4OM Version 1. Now it won’t log into
Log4OM Version 2. (which sees the rig just fine so it recognizes the CAT op) That logging database is in the cloud as the manual suggests and all programs are seeing it and saying pass/pass when the connection is checked.

I have been through the manuals and install procedures for everything and have yet to divine why the new Log4OM isn’t automatically logged by JT Alert as things used to be.

Is there a master magician on line today who might have a clue about what the #%&&$# is going on?

Any help appreciated.
Dana K7QH

--
Any chance there is a version of Alert that works on a Mac or to be developed?
K7QH

Jim Cooper

On 13 Aug 2021 at 12:50, Dana Smith wrote:

So, I am running WSJTX 2.3.1, JT Alert 2.16.17
Number One ... both of those versions are
SERIOUSLY out of date ... update your software
for both of those applications before you ask the
authors to solve problems that are probably already
solved in the new versions.

w2jc

Michael Black

Read the JTAlert FAQ Log4OMV2 setup information.

Inline image

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, August 13, 2021, 02:51:04 PM CDT, Dana Smith <ah6rim9@...> wrote:

[...]

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

i get why hes using those versions tried and tested. jtalert 2.5 one bug after another.

On 13 Aug 2021 at 15:11, heath calhoun - kb5vai wrote:

i get why hes using those versions
tried and tested. jtalert 2.5 one bug
after another.
It's so odd that everyone else is doing quite well
with the new versions.

Keep in mind that you can always request a
FULL REFUND and use something else.

Also noted that you have not mentioned any
particular bug, or "one bug after another" ...
are you just trolling ?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/08/2021 6:11 am, heath calhoun - kb5vai wrote:
i get why hes using those versions tried and tested. jtalert 2.5 one bug after another.

Thanks for your contribution.

You have exhibited the same behavior with your posting here as on the wsjtx groups.io group that got you banned there.
You are not banned here yet, but your account has now been placed under moderation.

On 14/08/2021 5:50 am, Dana Smith wrote:
So, I am running WSJTX 2.3.1, JT Alert 2.16.17 and Log4OM V2 2.16.0 and using Omnirig with an IC7410 on a Windows 10 computer. When I push Log QSO in WSJTX it used to automatically log into Log4OM Version 1. Now it won’t log into
Log4OM Version 2. (which sees the rig just fine so it recognizes the CAT op) That logging database is in the cloud as the manual suggests and all programs are seeing it and saying pass/pass when the connection is checked.

I have been through the manuals and install procedures for everything and have yet to divine why the new Log4OM isn’t automatically logged by JT Alert as things used to be.

Is there a master magician on line today who might have a clue about what the #%&&$# is going on?

Any help appreciated.
Dana   K7QH

The JTAlert help file contains instructions (with pictures) on how to correctly setup JTAlert & Log4OMV2.

A tip on logging. If you don't click the "OK" button on the WSJT-X "Log QSO" window, JTAlert will never see the logging event and will not log to LOg4OM or any of the supported loggers.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 14/08/2021 6:31 am, Jim Cooper wrote:
Also noted that you have not mentioned any
particular bug, or "one bug after another" ...
are you just trolling ?
Trolling is my guess.
Poster is infamous for his recent two word "Up Yours" post on the WSJTX group that got him banned. https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/27844 <https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/27844>

de Laurie VK3AMA

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

yea and screw u

On 14/08/2021 6:31 am, Jim Cooper wrote:
> Also noted that you have not mentioned any
> particular bug, or "one bug after another" ...
> are you just trolling ?

Trolling is my guess.
Poster is infamous for his recent two word "Up Yours" post on the WSJTX
group that got him banned. https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/27844
<https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/27844>

On 14/08/2021 11:25 am, heath calhoun - kb5vai wrote:
yea and screw u

This account has now been permanently banned. This message thread has also been locked to avoid others feeding this troll.

Ladies & Gentlemen, this is how you get added to my personal JTAlert Ignored List. Welcome to the club KB5VAI.

de Laurie VK3AMA