locked arrl ww digital contest

jim crisco WA4YIZ

tony..
i use wsjt-x...jtalert....n3fjp logging software...
all latest and greatest...
the contest is for ANY digital mode other than RTTY...

wsjtx..
the contest exchange is not the normal FT-x exchange.
you will need to go to wsjtx ..advance menu and select arrl ww digital

jtalert..if you use...
you will need to go to logging...if using acl...select "manual" config.
same port...select location of your log.

n3fjp
the new program is on scott's website

the arrl guide...

https://www.arrl.org/arrl-digital-contest

hope this helps..
73
jim
wa4yiz

--
jim wa4yiz

LaValle Laabs

On Sun, May 15, 2022, 14:56 Anthony W. DePrato <wa4jqs@...> wrote:
Jim:
i guess the info is on the arrl website ?
as to exchange what is it ?
i take it the mode will be FT-4 ?
i take it that the software will be wsjt-x  ?
what contest software will you be logging to and will it score your qso's?
:i am sure others would like to know also.
73 Tony WA4JQS

hi all…

the first arrl ww digital contest is just around the corner, june 4/5

I plan to do another “dry run� this Saturday may 21.  test my updated software.

Remember the contest ft-x exchange is not the normal exchange.

I will be on the air appx 1700z for several hours.

Please join in and test your station and software.

Below are the suggested freq’s from the arrl guide.

Jim

Wa4yiz

Suggested Band Plans for FT* modes:

FT-4 Recommended Sub-bands:

1.836-1.840

3.580-3.590

7.080-7.090

14.080-14.090

21.080-21.090

28.080-28.090

50.330 to 50.340

When choosing your operating frequency, set the radio dial at the bottom of the sub-band and QSO with stations on audio frequencies within the radio passband, typically 2.5-4 kHz wide. If a sub-band becomes crowded, move the radio dial frequency up in 2 kHz increments, as needed. (For example: 7.080, 7.082, 7.084, 7.086 and 7.088).

FT-8 Recommended Sub-bands:

1.840-1.844

3.590-3.600 (No Digital above 3600)

7.090-7.100

14.090-14.100

21.090-21.100

28.090-28.100

50.340 to 50.350

When choosing your operating frequency, set the radio dial at the bottom of the sub-band and QSO with stations on audio frequencies within the radio passband typically 2.5-4 kHz wide. If a sub-band becomes crowded, move the radio dial frequency up in 2 kHz increments, as needed. (For example: 7,090, 7.092, 7.094, 7.096 and 7.098).Â
-- jim wa4yiz
[]  Virus-free. www.avg.com

Anthony W. DePrato