locked Callsigns window not responding

Michael Black

I'm helping W7JHR -- his computer crashed and he reinstalled.

The Callsigns window in JTAlert ends up showing 1 or 2 callsigns and then becomes unresponsive (circle mouse icon).
We have started with scratch installations of WSJTX and JTAlert.
Have reinstalled the 64-bit .Net package.
I don't see anything terribly informative in the debug logs.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Mike W9MDB

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/12/2021 4:40 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I'm helping W7JHR -- his computer crashed and he reinstalled.

The Callsigns window in JTAlert ends up showing 1 or 2 callsigns and then becomes unresponsive (circle mouse icon).
We have started with scratch installations of WSJTX and JTAlert.
Have reinstalled the 64-bit .Net package.
I don't see anything terribly informative in the debug logs.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Mike W9MDB

Mike,

Anything in the Windows Event Viewer logs?

What happens if you rollback JTAlert to an earlier version do you still get this non-responsive condition?

He installed on a separate computer and it all works fine there.

So perhaps he needs to just do an OS reset.  Going to try that.
First time I've seen this behavior with all the people I've helped.

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, December 4, 2021, 09:20:44 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 5/12/2021 4:40 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I'm helping W7JHR -- his computer crashed and he reinstalled.

The Callsigns window in JTAlert ends up showing 1 or 2 callsigns and then becomes unresponsive (circle mouse icon).
We have started with scratch installations of WSJTX and JTAlert.
Have reinstalled the 64-bit .Net package.
I don't see anything terribly informative in the debug logs.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Mike W9MDB

Mike,

Anything in the Windows Event Viewer logs?

What happens if you rollback JTAlert to an earlier version do you still get this non-responsive condition?

de Laurie VK3AMA

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/12/2021 4:08 pm, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
So perhaps he needs to just do an OS reset.  Going to try that.
First time I've seen this behavior with all the people I've helped.

Mike W9MDB

I too have not seen this behavior with JTAlertV2.Manager.exe becoming non-responsive. It is just a console application with all the dedicated JTAlert services (as seen in the Help->About) running in their own isolated threads.

de Laurie VK3AMA