locked JTAlert has stopped remembering logging s\ware, docking posn etc

geoff wiggins

Hi group.

I went to use JTAlert today and find that NO LOG is shown in the tool bar along side [20m,FT8 NO LOG,#1]. Also cannot dock the window any more, always defaults to independent position.

I select LOG4OM2, select sqlite file etc etc, save then ok. JTAlert doesn't remember these settings.

My locator, ITU zone, CQ zone and locator are also no longer remembered.

I thought this might have been an issue with version 2.50.8 but doesn't appear to be so since I've gone back to version .7 and the same errors occur.

Apart from completely uninstalling every file and starting again, any ideas please?

Could this be something to do with Win 11? I doubt it but then........

73 Geoff.

Dave Garber

are you running log4om in admin mode, maybe

no need to, but it would stop jta from connecting.  also I have my log on google drive, and if I have no connection, jta will not link to it, and causes errors until I reselect my log.  thank goodness it does not happen often

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 11:00 AM geoff wiggins via groups.io <g4xmj=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi group.

I went to use JTAlert today and find that NO LOG is shown in the tool
bar along side [20m,FT8 NO LOG,#1]. Also cannot dock the window any
more, always defaults to independent position.

I select LOG4OM2, select sqlite file etc etc, save then ok. JTAlert
doesn't remember these settings.

My locator, ITU zone, CQ zone and locator are also no longer remembered.

I thought this might have been an issue with version 2.50.8 but doesn't
appear to be so since I've gone back to version .7 and the same errors
occur.

Apart from completely uninstalling every file and starting again, any
ideas please?

Could this be something to do with Win 11? I doubt it but then........

73 Geoff.

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/11/2021 2:59 am, geoff wiggins via groups.io wrote:

I went to use JTAlert today and find that NO LOG is shown in the tool bar along side [20m,FT8 NO LOG,#1]. Also cannot dock the window any more, always defaults to independent position.

I select LOG4OM2, select sqlite file etc etc, save then ok. JTAlert doesn't remember these settings.

My locator, ITU zone, CQ zone and locator are also no longer remembered.

I thought this might have been an issue with version 2.50.8 but doesn't appear to be so since I've gone back to version .7 and the same errors occur.

Apart from completely uninstalling every file and starting again, any ideas please?

Could this be something to do with Win 11? I doubt it but then........

73 Geoff

"Help -> Troubleshooting" menu, 4th bullet point "Setting Changes Not Remembered"

de Laurie VK3AMA

geoff wiggins

Thanks Laurie. I did know that but had forgotten.

73 Geoff.