locked error message that randomly appears

Roger A. Corbin

I have noticed that from time to time the attached message appears on the screen. It is not repeatable to so I have to wait for it to occur.
Do I just continue to click OK and continue or does it need to be fixed?

Windows 10 with current updates, wsjt-x v2.5.1. JTAlert 2.50.7 HRD current version

73 Roger ZF1RC

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/11/2021 1:22 pm, Roger A. Corbin wrote:
I have noticed that from time to time the attached message appears on the screen. It is not repeatable to so I have to wait for it to occur.
Do I just continue to click OK and continue or does it need to be fixed?

Windows 10 with current updates, wsjt-x v2.5.1. JTAlert 2.50.7 HRD current version

73 Roger ZF1RC

Roger,

I would fix this if I could isolate the cause. Unfortunately, the error line numbers are typically grossly inaccurate.

Does this occur during very busy band periods?

Check your email, I have sent you a link to the latest JTAlert beta build please give it a try and let me know if it appears to resolve the issue.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Roger A. Corbin

I will watch to see when this problem next occurs and let you know.
Roger ZF1RC

Steve Miller

Had a similar error tonight just after completing a ft8 40m f/h qso with sv2rsg/a in Mount Athos.
After acknowledging the error message JTA shut its self down. I'm using version 2.50.8 of JTA.

Steve, K8SJM

John P

Edited

Laurie I posted the same problem in another thread this afternoon (Fatal error on WSJT false decode).

I can be a bit more specific about what happened I think. I was listening on 2 meter EME in JT65B mode. The instance of JTAlert was a 2nd instance; the 1st instance was monitoring another WSJT-X instance connected to my 6 meter radio.

When the error occurred, I also got a false decode on WSJT-X - "WA2FZW KK4MA ". I can't say which happened first, however. Did the false decode cause the JTAlert crash or did the crash cause the false decode? What I can say is that the "KK4MA" call sign was not in the call sign box on either WSJT-X or in the call sign area on the JTAlert window. Nor was the call "KK4MA" in any of the messages on WSJT-X.

The problem occurred twice over about a 5 minute period. Both times I got a false decode in WSJT-X (different call the first time it happened).

I'm running Windows-10 and the latest versions of both WSJT-X and JTAlert. I just installed JTAlert last night.

To answer your question in your earlier post, there was absolutely no detectable activity on 2 meter EME this afternoon when the problem occurred here.

EDIT: Ive never seen this in earlier versions of JTAlert.

--
John P.
WA2FZW