locked JT ALERT stopped communicating with wsjt-x

afa1yy

No QSOs are showing. any help welcome.
SJT-X UDP ID          :
WSJT-X UDP Port        : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server      : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on LB : False
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema  :

UDP Ports used
JTAlert.exe           : 61063 62667
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 53928 53929 53930
JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe : 53936

Audio output devices
[1] Speakers (USB Audio CODEC )
[2] Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

JTAlertV2.Manager (2.50.7.0) status
(2021-11-15 22:03:06 utc)
CLR Version       : 5.0.12
NET Framework     : .NET 5.0.12
Architecture      : x64 64bit
UDP Router        : Initialized : YES (WSJT-X)
Audio             : Initialized : YES (2 output devices)
Activity Service  : Initialized : YES (started : 58)
Messaging Service : Initialized : YES (started : 17)
HamSpots Service  : Initialized : YES
QRZ Xml           : Initialized : YES
HamQth Xml        : Initialized : YES
QRZ Log           : Initialized : YES
HamQth Log        : Initialized : YES
ClubLog Log       : Initialized : YES (K0AY)
Eqsl Log          : Initialized : YES
HrdLog Log        : Initialized : YES
DXLab DDE         : Initialized : YES
User Alert        : Initialized : YES
Updates Check     : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)
Environment Check : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)
Maintenance       : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)

Art  K0AY

Joe Subich, W4TV

Are you running another logging program or something like GridTracker
that also requires UDP support from WSJTX?

Since you are not using multicast UDP, the "third program" may be
preventing JTAlert access to the UDP broadcasts from WSJTX.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-11-15 5:07 PM, afa1yy wrote:
[...]

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/11/2021 9:07 am, afa1yy wrote:
No QSOs are showing. any help welcome.
SJT-X UDP ID          :
WSJT-X UDP Port        : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server      : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on LB : False
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema  :

You're missing most of the WSJT-X diagnostic information included in the JTAlert "Help -> About".

Is this loss of comms with WSJT-X a recent problem or has it always done this? If recent, what software changes/updates have you made recently?

If you haven't done so already, a Windows Restart is worth a try especially if changed behavior has only just occurred.

I note that you're using unicast UDP for the WSJT-X UDP Server settings. Perhaps some other application is taking exclusive control of the UDP port and locking JTAlert out of the UDP comms.  I suggest setting WSJT-X to use Multicast UDP and setting any other applications that interoperate with WSJTX, like JTAlert, to use multicast UDP. See the JTAlert Help file "WSJT-X UDP Setup" topic, it has simple instructions for setting up multicast UDP.

de Laurie VK3AMA

afa1yy

Another symptom,the band is unknown  (???)   I am using only 1 logging program - log4om v2. This is a recent error, it started about a week ago.  It  could be related to an upgrade in the OS? I have downloaded and reinstalled both WSJT-X and JTalert. any clues?
--
Art  K0AY

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/11/2021 4:11 am, afa1yy wrote:
Another symptom,the band is unknown  (???)   I am using only 1 logging program - log4om v2. This is a recent error, it started about a week ago.  It  could be related to an upgrade in the OS? I have downloaded and reinstalled both WSJT-X and JTalert. any clues?
--
Art  K0AY

The "???m" indicates that JTAlert is not receiving receiving UDP messages from WSJTX. Something is blocking JTAlert. See my previous message regarding setting up UDP multicast

de Laurie VK3AMA