locked POTA/SOTA UnClickable #JTDX #TIP

Michael E Wilson Sr <ke5wct@...>

I am using JTDX (2.2.156) with JTAlert (2.50.7). Recently I enable the JTDX filter "Show only CQ, RRR, RR73, 73 messages", to reduce clutter in the Band Activity window. This worked, but it also stopped the display of decoded POTA or SOTA calls. These calls continued to appear in the CQ window of JTAlert, however, they were un-clickable.

I removed the filter and all was but to normal.

May be this could be an item for future updates?

73 de KE5WCT
Mike Wilson

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/11/2021 2:59 am, Michael E Wilson Sr wrote:
I am using JTDX (2.2.156) with JTAlert (2.50.7). Recently I enable the JTDX filter "Show only CQ, RRR, RR73, 73 messages", to reduce clutter in the Band Activity window. This worked, but it also stopped the display of decoded POTA or SOTA calls. These calls continued to appear in the CQ window of JTAlert, however, they were un-clickable.

I removed the filter and all was but to normal.

May be this could be an item for future updates?

73 de KE5WCT
Mike Wilson

Mike,

If JTDX stops responding to JTAlert callsign click events when JTDX filtering is applied that indicates a defect within JTDX.

JTAlert always sends a correctly formatted UDP message in response to a callsign click, it make no attempt at determining the suitability of the callsigns. For every callsign displayed in JTAlert a UDP message is sent when it is clicked/double-clicked.

de Laurie VK3AMA