locked Spain PROVINCES

Jorge Manuel

It would be nice if in some new releases of JTALERT,
the alert option to detect new Spanish Provinces (there are 52)
could be included
Thank's in Advance!
JORGE - EA2DDE

g4wjs

On 11/11/2021 17:14, Jorge Manuel wrote:
It would be nice if in some new releases of JTALERT,
the alert option to detect new Spanish Provinces (there are 52)
could be included
Thank's in Advance!
JORGE - EA2DDE
Jorge,

such an enhancement suggestion should include a method for determining the province of any EA call quickly enough to raise an alert. That means within a few milliseconds of decoding the call or a source of a publicly and freely available, computer readable, list of all EA calls and the province they are in.

Bill
G4WJS.

Jorge Manuel

tnx for your fast answer!
Unfortunately there is no rule. An approach that only "reduces options" but does not directly relate the province is this:

Spanish Provinces

EA1: AV, BU, C, LE, LO, LU, O, OU, P, PO, S, SA, SG, SO, VA, ZA
EA2: BI, HU, NA, SS, TE, VI, Z
EA3: B, GI, L, T
EA4: BA, CC, CR, CU, GU, M, TO
EA5: A, AB, CS, MU, V
EA6: IB
EA7: AL, CA, CO, GR, H, J, MA, SE
EA8: GC, TF
EA9: CE, ML
In summary, only in the case of EA6 - IB Province (Balearic Islands) is a direct rule.

I do not know a list where all or most of the EA stations directly relate the province. Even consulting QRZ.COM, many of them do not INFORM the province.

I am going to contact URE in case they can help me in this task

Thanks for the attention

JORGE - EA2DDE

Joe Subich, W4TV

I do not know a list where all or most of the EA stations directly
relate the province.
The information would need to be available as a downloadable database
(e.g. the US FCC's License database) or directly determinable from
the callsign (e.g. Canada's or Australia's systems that map callsigns
directly to province). In other words, something that Laurie can
access on a regular basis for updates and build into his "callsigns"
database.

Even consulting QRZ.COM, many of them do not INFORM the province.
A on-line look-up (e.g. QRZ.com) is much too slow when WSJTX/JTDX can
send 30-50 callsigns to JTAlert at one time. Even if an on-line look-up
took *only* 100 ms (which is unrealistically fast) it would take more time than is available between the end of one cycle and the start of
the next to process all of the callsigns!

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-11-11 12:36 PM, Jorge Manuel wrote:
tnx for your fast answer!
[...]

tnx Joe:

Really as you mention no realistic to think on continous acces to qrz.com.

Any case, I am going to work on the idea of ​​building a list,
which can be posted "on a web site" and we update information with certain frequency.

Again TNX
Jorge-EA2DDE

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/11/2021 7:01 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Australia's systems that map callsigns directly to province)
FYI, That is no longer the case. VK is now following the US model with callsign naming no longer reflect the State of operation. Eventually there will be VK9's operating from the mainland. :-(

de Laurie VK3AMA

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/11/2021 7:12 am, Jorge Manuel wrote:
Any case, I am going to work on the idea of ​​building a list,
which can be posted "on a web site" and we update information with certain frequency.

Again TNX
Jorge-EA2DDE

Jorge,

If you're able to create an accurate and maintained list I will look at adding support for Spanish Province Alerting into JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA