locked JTAlert with Fox/Hound Mode

Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ

So, JTAlert doesn't parse the Fox in Fox/Hound mode?  Am I missing something or is that by design?

I guess I could see where you don't really need JTAlert in Fox/Hound, but it is still a "nice to have."  I'm guessing it should still make a log entry if WSJT-X sends the log of the contact.

Marlo
KA2IRQ

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/10/2021 8:48 am, Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ wrote:

So, JTAlert doesn't parse the Fox in Fox/Hound mode?  Am I missing something or is that by design?

I guess I could see where you don't really need JTAlert in Fox/Hound, but it is still a "nice to have."  I'm guessing it should still make a log entry if WSJT-X sends the log of the contact.

Marlo
KA2IRQ

JTAlert will alert on a Fox Callsign, but only when they are calling CQ. Normal Fox decodes when they are replying to one or more stations in a single decode are not alerted as there is no way to identify the transmitting Callsign (the Fox).

If you work the Fox and log the QSO, JTAlert will detect the logging event and send a suitably formatted logging instruction to your enabled Logger. This is no different from normal JTAlert operation.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ

Perfect- thanks for the clarification Laurie.  Kinda what I thought, just wanted to be sure.

73,
Marlo
KA2IRQ