locked CQ Marathon alert has stopped clearing worked entities

Paula K7PAX

OK, I have the Marathon Alert clearing properly now, so this thread is closed. Still working on the logbook issue now, in another thread.
Paula Johnson
K7PAX

Paula K7PAX

Getting a little closer. Am going to start a new thread now because I am working on this logging issue. I will come back to the Marathon alert problem after the logging issue is fixed.
Paula Johnson
K7PAX

Paula K7PAX

I think I may have found the problem, but just don't know how to unravel it. I am logging to HRD Logbook. I must be logging from WS-JTX as I do not have logging enabled in JT-Alert. I must have set up the Marathon alarm and done a database rebuild to get the entities that I had already worked. Then new entities were hard to come by so I didn't realize that they were  not updating for quite a while. I didn't realize what was going on until I just went in to do another rebuild and had to enable logging to do so. I left logging enabled, and when I tested by logging a new QSO, I got three entries in my log for the same QSO.One (line 2) that is a typical log entry with QRZ lookup info filled in, and two others, (lines 1 and 3) with only partial data. Screen shot enclosed. I vaguely remember having trouble getting the QRZ lookup and population of the entry when setting up logging. I don't believe I was successful using JT Alert to log everything I wanted. I think this explains why my alarms are not updating of course - I wasn't keeping logging enabled in JT-Alert. If you agree that this is my problem, I will need help configuring my logging function to run correctly from JT Alert.
Paula Johnson
K7PAX

Paula K7PAX

Laurie, I upgraded to the latest version. Love all the new features but alas, the problem persists. I saw a new marathon entity - worked it and logged it. But it still appears in the wanted list, and is not in the "not wanted" list.
Paula Johnson
K7PAX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/09/2021 6:34 am, Paula K7PAX via groups.io wrote:
The CQ Marathon alert has stopped clearing worked entities. It worked before, although I am not sure exactly when it stopped working. I am currently running JT Alert 2.50.0 and logging to HRD Logbook. The checkbox to enable "Auto clear triggered alert entity after logging" is checked. I have had to manually move the worked entities. Is there anything else I need to check?
Paula Johnson
K7PAX

I strongly suggest you upgrade JTAlert. The latest is 2.50.6. There have been numerous fixes since the initial 2.50.0 release.
If the problem persists, post another message.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Paula K7PAX

Hello!