Topics

locked #Warning #JTDX - Bad Mode Spotting to PSKReporter from JTDX #WARNING #JTDX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

Please be advised, Current builds of JTDX are producing Bad Mode spots, FT8 spotted as T10,JT9 or JT65 sent direct to PSKReporter.

It appears that if a user is monitoring FT8 activity and changes their mode to T10/JT9/JT65 the next group of FT8 decodes is posted to PSKReporter with the new incorrect mode.

I have been seeing many of these bad mode spots on HamSpots recently and upon closer investigation they are all coming in via the PSKReporter feed and are from JTDX. I have not seen this with WSJT-X users posting to PSKReporter. This appears to be a design defect within JTDX.

JTAlert is not affected by this as it ignores the first batch of decodes received after a JTDX/WSJT-X mode change.

de Laurie VK3AMA