locked Log data not transferring to Logger32

Gerard Arsenault

I believe I have set up Multicast correctly but wsjt-x log info does not transfer over. Am I missing some setting?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/09/2021 3:58 am, Gerard Arsenault wrote:
I believe I have set up Multicast correctly but wsjt-x log info does not transfer over. Am I missing some setting?

JTAlert has no involvement in logging WSJTX contacts in Logger32. You will need to take this up with the Logger32 people.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gerard Arsenault

Thanks Laurie. Obviously I have very little understanding of the coding involved. What I can't grasp is why for a number of years logging worked automatically and continuously between WSJT-X and Logger 32 before updates and a new radio. I will follow your advice and check with the Logger 32 forum.
73,

Jerry VE9CD

Dave Garber

i dont know logger32 at all, but perhaps you were sending udp's via wsjt, and not jtalert

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On 6/09/2021 11:27 pm, Gerard Arsenault wrote:

Thanks Laurie. Obviously I have very little understanding of the coding involved. What I can't grasp is why for a number of years logging worked automatically and continuously between WSJT-X and Logger 32 before updates and a new radio. I will follow your advice and check with the Logger 32 forum.
73,

Jerry VE9CD

I don't know how you had WSJT-X, JTAlert and Logger32 working together. JTAlert doesn't log to Logger32, it is not supported as JTAlert cannot read the proprietary log file format used by Logger32. Either Logger32 was intercepting the WSJTX log UDP message or it was listening to the UDP resend that JTAlert provides, ether way, JTAlert must have been setup for some other log type or no log.

I have been told that there are instructions for JTAlert within the Logger32 help documentation. I cannot confirm that however as I have not seen it. You're best to ask the Logger32 people.

de Laurie VK3AMA