locked Rebuild Alert Database


Steve Roth - AD4K
 

My system consists of the following:  WIN 10 PC with current updates, WSJT-X latest version (V250.0-rc1), JTALERT V2.50.5 and HRD Logbook latest version.  I have been using this system for the last year.  I had been NOT having JTALERT directly log to my HRD Logbook, but WSJT-X was doing the logging.  It took me a long time to get the settings correct for JTALERT to automatically log to HRD Logbook and to have all  the JTALERT functions like "Show QSO History Popup" working. Here is the dump  

After I got confirmation that everything was functioning, I did a complete rebuild of the B4 database by using the JTALERT "Rebuild Alert Database" function.  When it was done, my "wanted data" did not match my LOTW worked data, i.e. my states worked were mostly "not worked", and my DXCC worked data was partially done, with some errors.  I can use my LOTW data to manually update the wanted data. i.e., wanted states, wanted DXCC by band, etc.

My question is -- how does the Rebuild Alert Database do its job?  When I do the rebuild, I can see it scanning all sorts of things.  Does it scan my HRD Logbook?  If so, it seems to be missing things.

The other thing I found is that my JTALERT B4 Annotations on some stations is absent even though I have worked them and put them in my HRD Logbook.

Can anyone comment on these issues?

Thanks, Steve   AD4K


g4wjs
 

On 26/08/2021 13:42, Steve Roth - AD4K wrote:
My system consists of the following:  WIN 10 PC with current updates, WSJT-X latest version (V250.0-rc1), JTALERT V2.50.5 and HRD Logbook latest version.  I have been using this system for the last year.  I had been NOT having JTALERT directly log to my HRD Logbook, but WSJT-X was doing the logging.  It took me a long time to get the settings correct for JTALERT to automatically log to HRD Logbook and to have all  the JTALERT functions like "Show QSO History Popup" working.

<snip>

After I got confirmation that everything was functioning, I did a complete rebuild of the B4 database by using the JTALERT "Rebuild Alert Database" function.  When it was done, my "wanted data" did not match my LOTW worked data, i.e. my states worked were mostly "not worked", and my DXCC worked data was partially done, with some errors.  I can use my LOTW data to manually update the wanted data. i.e., wanted states, wanted DXCC by band, etc.

My question is -- how does the Rebuild Alert Database do its job?  When I do the rebuild, I can see it scanning all sorts of things.  Does it scan my HRD Logbook?  If so, it seems to be missing things.

The other thing I found is that my JTALERT B4 Annotations on some stations is absent even though I have worked them and put them in my HRD Logbook.

Can anyone comment on these issues?

Thanks, Steve   AD4K

Steve,

you are confusing the manually maintained worked before tables in JTAlert with the automatic system that gathers information from you connected logging program and QSOs in session. The two systems are separate and mutually exclusive. If you want to check who you have worked before when you are using the automatic system, then look in your logbook!


--
73
Bill
G4WJS.


Steve Roth - AD4K
 

So, the "aromatic system" should gather information from my connected logging system (HRD Logbook) and QSO's in session.  There is no "manually worked before tables", I only doing the manual corrections because they are missing when doing the JTALERT "Rebuild Alert Database".  Perhaps I am missing your point.

Steve AD4K


g4wjs
 

On 26/08/2021 13:55, Steve Roth - AD4K wrote:
So, the "aromatic system" should gather information from my connected logging system (HRD Logbook) and QSO's in session.  There is no "manually worked before tables", I only doing the manual corrections because they are missing when doing the JTALERT "Rebuild Alert Database". Perhaps I am missing your point.

Steve AD4K
Steve,

perhaps you need to review the settings you have for the "Rebuild Alert Database" categories, and also the alert settings. I suspect there is a discrepency between your expectations of what should be alerted and what you have asked JTAlert to track as confirmed. For example if you have unique alerts set for each digital mode JTAlert tracks, yet your expectation is that once worked in any digital mode a goal is satisfied.



--
73
Bill
G4WJS.


Laurie, VK3AMA
 

On 26/08/2021 11:00 pm, g4wjs wrote:
perhaps you need to review the settings you have for the "Rebuild Alert Database" categories, and also the alert settings. I suspect there is a discrepency between your expectations of what should be alerted and what you have asked JTAlert to track as confirmed. For example if you have unique alerts set for each digital mode JTAlert tracks, yet your expectation is that once worked in any digital mode a goal is satisfied.
In addition to what Bill said... Typically when a user reports that the "Rebuild" is incorrectly setting Countries and States ,for example, as still needed when they already exist in the Log it is due to having specific Confirmation requirements set for the rebuild that are not present in the log. eg. having JTAlert set to require LoTW confirmations before an entity is removed from the internal Wanted lists as part of the rebuild, but not having QSOs in the log with the LoTW confirmation status set.

de Laurie VK3AMA