locked Sort Calls by SNR in 2.50.5?

Ken K0KV

The new 2.50.5 menus seem to give me the choice of limiting the displayed calls to a certain SNR threshold, and then sorting them in ascending or descending value.  (Callsign window > Setup > Views > Signal Strength Decodes. Then select View Type = SNR Strong Decodes).  If it worked, that would be a really useful feature.  But so far, only the threshold function seems to work; the actual sort order appears to be pretty random.  Is there a step missing in my setup?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/08/2021 11:46 am, Ken K0KV wrote:
The new 2.50.5 menus seem to give me the choice of limiting the displayed calls to a certain SNR threshold, and then sorting them in ascending or descending value.  (Callsign window > Setup > Views > Signal Strength Decodes. Then select View Type = SNR Strong Decodes).  If it worked, that would be a really useful feature.  But so far, only the threshold function seems to work; the actual sort order appears to be pretty random.  Is there a step missing in my setup?

Sorting by SNR is working in all my tests.

Here I am using a sample wav file with the threshold set to -10dB. All decodes less than (and equal to) the threshold go into the "Weak decodes" view and all decodes above the threshold go into the "Strong decodes" view. Note that the sorting of the Callsigns, by dB value is obeying the set sort order.

Are you not seeing this type of sorting? Note that each callsign dB value is in order.

If your quick enough before the next decode period clears the decodes, you can switch the sort order and see the changes in the sorted display in real-time, as I have done for the above images.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ken K0KV

I truly wasn't seeing this at first.  But then I went to the callsign menu and turned on the "dB" option, and it immediately began sorting correctly.  And since then it continues to work, regardless of whether I leave the dB option turned on.

This is an excellent feature, BTW -- thanks and 73,

Ken / K0KV

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/08/2021 1:22 pm, Ken K0KV wrote:
I truly wasn't seeing this at first.  But then I went to the callsign menu and turned on the "dB" option, and it immediately began sorting correctly.  And since then it continues to work, regardless of whether I leave the dB option turned on.

This is an excellent feature, BTW -- thanks and 73,

Ken / K0KV

Ken,

The SNR sorting will work as designed with the dB option turned off. That is only a cosmetic/visual option.

The SNR of the Callsigns is always present as it comes in via the decode messages, but it will not be displayed with the option turned off. I can 100% guarantee that the sorting is till being applied, but how would you know if it is not shown, you would see what appears to be a random display of callsigns which behind the scenes are dB sorted but with no way to know that as there is no visual indication.

de Laurie VK3AMA