locked 2 Instances of JTAlert Simultaneously #FT8 #JTDX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/08/2021 11:50 am, Micky Corrow wrote:
I sometimes run 2 different stations simultaneously. Both are on totally separate computers and radios (and antennas).
Both computers run the same software combinations of JTDX, Log4OMv2 and JTAlert.

While both stations run well, I will sometimes get a text alert from the other station on the one where I am currently sitting. Although this is not a showstopper by any means, is there a way to tie each instance of JTAlert to each specific band (on each separate computer)?

It is not the end of the world here, as I just usually ask the person texting me which band (if it is not obvious) and just keep going on from there.

Micky K1XH

Text Messages are directed to a Callsign only, there is no provision for separating Callsign messages on a per JTAlert instance basis. How would a station sending you a message know that it needs to go to a specific JTAlert instance your end? It is not possible.

Text Messaging in JTAlert is a single instance operation only, handled from instance #1 only, but outgoing messages can be initiated from any instance, they are all funneled back through instance #1 for sending to the Messaging server. Incoming messages are handled by instance #1 for display.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Micky Corrow

Greetings.