locked JTAlert keeps repeating data


Bill Axelrod
 

Thanks to a number of people in this group, I was able to fix my problem and get JTAlert to communicate with WSJT and DXLab and start showing decodes, callers, and Alerts.  But now I have a new problem.  JTAlert keeps repeating itself.

For example, I get a decode for XE2OR, K0OOK along with others.  Every single decode repeats over and over again.  Even if I don't see any more decodes for a specific call sign for five or ten minutes, they keep repeating in JTAlert.

Moreover, if I log a QSO in DXLab DX Keeper, it will log that contact over and over again.  It logged the same QSO over and over again until I can shut down JTAlert with the task manager.

I shut down all the DXLab apps and the problem persists.  I then shut down WSJT but JTAlert keeps repeating the old decodes, even with no input.

I have no clue what I may have done to it now.

I have enclosed a short video (in windows .wmv format) to show what it is doing.  For this video I have JTAlert running with the DXLab apps and WSJT shut down.

Any thoughts?

Thanks and 73...   Bill K3WA



Michael Black
 

You've turned on a repeat in JTAlert or DXLab

Mike W9MDB




On Wednesday, August 4, 2021, 10:22:09 AM CDT, Bill Axelrod <bill@...> wrote:


Thanks to a number of people in this group, I was able to fix my problem and get JTAlert to communicate with WSJT and DXLab and start showing decodes, callers, and Alerts.  But now I have a new problem.  JTAlert keeps repeating itself.

For example, I get a decode for XE2OR, K0OOK along with others.  Every single decode repeats over and over again.  Even if I don't see any more decodes for a specific call sign for five or ten minutes, they keep repeating in JTAlert.

Moreover, if I log a QSO in DXLab DX Keeper, it will log that contact over and over again.  It logged the same QSO over and over again until I can shut down JTAlert with the task manager.

I shut down all the DXLab apps and the problem persists.  I then shut down WSJT but JTAlert keeps repeating the old decodes, even with no input.

I have no clue what I may have done to it now.

I have enclosed a short video (in windows .wmv format) to show what it is doing.  For this video I have JTAlert running with the DXLab apps and WSJT shut down.

Any thoughts?

Thanks and 73...   Bill K3WA



DAVID MM0AMW
 

Hi Bill, have you accidentally enabled the Resend UDP packets option. Look at Settings/Applications/WSJT-X/JTDX and the last item on the Options menu in the right hand pane.

 

73

David

MM0AMW

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Joe Subich, W4TV
 

Have you enabled the "Secondary UDP Server (deprecated)" in WSJTX ->
Settings -> Reporting? If so *UNCHECK* it.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-08-04 11:21 AM, Bill Axelrod wrote:
Thanks to a number of people in this group, I was able to fix my problem and get JTAlert to communicate with WSJT and DXLab and start showing decodes, callers, and Alerts.  But now I have a new problem.  JTAlert keeps repeating itself.
For example, I get a decode for XE2OR, K0OOK along with others.  Every single decode repeats over and over again.  Even if I don't see any more decodes for a specific call sign for five or ten minutes, they keep repeating in JTAlert.
Moreover, if I log a QSO in DXLab DX Keeper, it will log that contact over and over again.  It logged the same QSO over and over again until I can shut down JTAlert with the task manager.
I shut down all the DXLab apps and the problem persists.  I then shut down WSJT but JTAlert keeps repeating the old decodes, even with no input.
I have no clue what I may have done to it now.
I have enclosed a short video (in windows .wmv format) to show what it is doing.  For this video I have JTAlert running with the DXLab apps and WSJT shut down.
Any thoughts?
Thanks and 73...   Bill K3WA


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 5/08/2021 1:21 am, Bill Axelrod wrote:
Thanks to a number of people in this group, I was able to fix my problem and get JTAlert to communicate with WSJT and DXLab and start showing decodes, callers, and Alerts.  But now I have a new problem.  JTAlert keeps repeating itself.

For example, I get a decode for XE2OR, K0OOK along with others.  Every single decode repeats over and over again.  Even if I don't see any more decodes for a specific call sign for five or ten minutes, they keep repeating in JTAlert.

Moreover, if I log a QSO in DXLab DX Keeper, it will log that contact over and over again.  It logged the same QSO over and over again until I can shut down JTAlert with the task manager.

I shut down all the DXLab apps and the problem persists.  I then shut down WSJT but JTAlert keeps repeating the old decodes, even with no input.

I have no clue what I may have done to it now.

I have enclosed a short video (in windows .wmv format) to show what it is doing.  For this video I have JTAlert running with the DXLab apps and WSJT shut down.

Any thoughts?

Thanks and 73...   Bill K3WA

JTAlert repeating decodes and logging is caused by having the "Resend WSJT-X UDP packets..." in JTAlert or "Secondary UDP Server (depreciated)" in WSJT-X enabled AND having changed the port to match the UDP Server port in WSJT-X. The ports should be the same!

Most likely it is the JTAlert "Resend" option is enabled and set to the same port as the WSJT-X UDP Server, typically 2237. This results in JTAlert resending incoming UDP packets back to its input listening port creating a feedback loop.


de Laurie VK3AMA


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 5/08/2021 1:44 am, DAVID MM0AMW via groups.io wrote:

Hi Bill, have you accidentally enabled the Resend UDP packets option. Look at Settings/Applications/WSJT-X/JTDX and the last item on the Options menu in the right hand pane.

 

73

David

MM0AMW


FYI, the enabling of that option is not the problem. The problem is having that option enabled AND having the port set to match the WSJT-X UDP Server port (typically 2237). They should never match.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Bill Axelrod
 

Thanks everyone.  My problem was fixed - it was Hi Bill, have you accidentally enabled the Resend UDP packets option. Look at Settings/Applications/WSJT-X/JTDX and the last item on the Options menu in the right hand pane..

Thanks and 73...   Bill


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 5/08/2021 10:32 pm, Bill Axelrod wrote:
My problem was fixed - it was Hi Bill, have you accidentally enabled the Resend UDP packets option. Look at Settings/Applications/WSJT-X/JTDX and the last item on the Options menu in the right hand pane..

Thanks and 73...   Bill

Just to be clear, the enabling of the Resend option was not the problem. It was having it enabled with an inappropriate port number was the problem. Both of which can only happen through user activity, JTAlert never enables that setting or alters the port number.

The next release of JTAlert, 2.50.5, will deliberately disable the resend option if it is enabled with a port set to match the WSJTX UDP server port. Along with disabling the resend it will reset the port to the default 2334.

de Laurie VK3AMA