locked Needed DXCC

Jim Denneny

I am trying to configure "Needed DX".  I am logging to DXKeeper.  I would like JTAlert to read my needs for any band from DXKeeper.  When I go to  JTAlert Settings "Wanted DX", it appears I must manually designate needed DX band by band manually.

Can I simply have DXKeeper communicate needed DX to JT Alert versus manually designate needs?

Jim K7EG

Jim Cooper

Have you run Settings / Rebuild Alert Database ??

On 23 Jul 2021 at 9:21, Jim Denneny wrote:

I am trying to configure "Needed DX".  I am logging to DXKeeper.
I would like JTAlert to read my needs for any band from DXKeeper.
When I go to  JTAlert Settings "Wanted DX", it appears I must
manually designate needed DX band by band manually.

Can I simply have DXKeeper communicate needed DX to JT Alert versus
manually designate needs?

Jim K7EG

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/07/2021 2:21 am, Jim Denneny wrote:

Can I simply have DXKeeper communicate needed DX to JT Alert versus manually designate needs?

Jim K7EG

Manual input is provided for users who don't have a logger enabled in JTAlert.

With a logger enabled you simply need to use the "Settings ->
Rebuild Alert Database" menu to have the internal lists updated based on the QSOs in your log and their QSL status.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Denneny

Fixed, Case closed

Jim K7EG

Dan Bathker

About "Settings -> Rebuild Alert Database" I need to know which file and its location that will be accessed by JTAlert.

Dan K6BLG

On 24/07/2021 2:21 am, Jim Denneny wrote:

Can I simply have DXKeeper communicate needed DX to JT Alert versus manually designate needs?

Jim K7EG

Manual input is provided for users who don't have a logger enabled in JTAlert.

With a logger enabled you simply need to use the "Settings ->
Rebuild Alert Database" menu to have the internal lists updated based on the QSOs in your log and their QSL status.

Dan Bathker
PO Box 23
La Canada CA 91012

d.bathker@...

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 25/07/2021 6:21 am, Dan Bathker wrote:

About "Settings -> Rebuild Alert Database" I need to know which file and its location that will be accessed by JTAlert.

Dan K6BLG

The rebuild operation accesses the log file used by your logger. The name and location of the log file will vary depending on your JTAlert settings for the enabled log.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dan Bathker

Laurie

I only use the logger internal to WSJT-X, my apologies for not mentioning that in my earlier email.

My WSJT-X log directory contains *3* log files:

1) WSJTX.log               (text file)
2) WSJTX_log.adi         (adi format)
3) WSJT-X _syslog.log  (text file)

So my question is, which of those three files does JTAlert access when a user requests "Rebuild Alert Database"?

73 and TNX 4 JTAlert = a great op aid

Dan K6BLG
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 25/07/2021 6:21 am, Dan Bathker wrote:

About "Settings -> Rebuild Alert Database" I need to know which file and its location that will be accessed by JTAlert.

Dan K6BLG

The rebuild operation accesses the log file used by your logger. The name and location of the log file will vary depending on your JTAlert settings for the enabled log.

Dan Bathker
PO Box 23
La Canada CA 91012

d.bathker@...

You select what log to use -- but it should be the adi file.  The others are not QSO logs at all.

Strongly recommend you get one the logging programs though...will make your life much easier although they all have a bit of a learning curve.

I'm a fan of Log4OMV2.  https://www.log4om.com/

Mike W9MDB

On 25/07/2021 9:02 am, Dan Bathker wrote:
I only use the logger internal to WSJT-X, my apologies for not mentioning that in my earlier email.

My WSJT-X log directory contains *3* log files:

1) WSJTX.log               (text file)
2) WSJTX_log.adi         (adi format)
3) WSJT-X _syslog.log  (text file)

So my question is, which of those three files does JTAlert access when a user requests "Rebuild Alert Database"?

JTAlert does not use any of the WSJT-X internal logs. It doesn't read them and does not log to them.

There are several reasons why JTAlert does not use the WSJT-X, but the most pertinent is that they don't contain any QSL information for the QSOs so would only be suitable for considering an Alert entity (eg dxcc, State, etc) as no longer needed by simply working a station. They are not suitable if you want an entity to be considered no longer needed after the QSO has been Confirmed. For example, I personally only consider an Entity as no longer needed once it has been confirmed by an LoTW confirmation other wise it stays in the Alert database to be Alerted when another station is decoded.

I strongly suggest you consider using a dedicated logger. My preference is DXLab DXKeeper.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dan Bathker

Thanks Mike

Dan K6BLG