locked How to get menus on Main Window 2.50.4

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 17/07/2021 10:41 am, Bill Barber wrote:
He is trying to do the Settings to add his DXLabs logger and other configurations.  Any ideas why the Main window is blank? Other windows are normal,e.g. Callsigns and Decodes.

73,
Bill, NE1B
Bill,

Sorry, no idea. This is the first report I have seen of this type of behavior.

If your friend hasn't already done so, a Windows Restart wont hurt. I have lost count of the number of times that unexpected application behavior (not just JTAlert) was corrected by a simple Window Restart, especially with WIn10.

Without a physical menu to click, you could try using the F2 Hotkey after first making the window active. The F2 hotkey is  standard across all JTAlert windows for opening their associated Settings or Options.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bill Barber <ne1b.c6awb@...>

Hi Laurie,

Actually I am asking this for a ham friend who has installed 2.50.4.  I have as well.  I get those Menu pull downs in the main JTAlert window (Alerts, Settings, View, Sound ON Help).  He has none of those Menu items.  Just a blank window with the musical note and JTAlert 2.50.4 His Callsign (20m, FT8, Log, #1).

He is trying to do the Settings to add his DXLabs logger and other configurations.  Any ideas why the Main window is blank?  Other windows are normal,e.g. Callsigns and Decodes.

73,
Bill, NE1B

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 8:23 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 16/07/2021 12:00 pm, Bill Barber wrote:
I have been trying to find the settings to add logging.  On earlier versions, there was a Menu to select Settings>Manage Settings>Logging etc.

What am I missing?
73,
Bill, NE1B

Sounds like you trying to find the menu bar of the "Callsigns" window. There is none.
Look to the menu bar of the main JTAlert window. e.g.

On 16/07/2021 12:00 pm, Bill Barber wrote:
I have been trying to find the settings to add logging.  On earlier versions, there was a Menu to select Settings>Manage Settings>Logging etc.

What am I missing?
73,
Bill, NE1B

Sounds like you trying to find the menu bar of the "Callsigns" window. There is none.
Look to the menu bar of the main JTAlert window. e.g.

Your menu doesn't look like this?

Inline image
Mike W9MDB

Hi,