locked New JTalert 2.50.3 missing callsign window

Tom Hone AA0GP

Installed JTALERT 2.50.3 64 bit version on windows 10 and now have no callsign window, I do have main window of alerts, settings etc……..I reloaded the download three times with same results

AA0GP
Tom Hone
tom@cowboytom.com
www.cowboytom.com

--
Tom Hone
AA0GP

I am having the same problem.  I installed the recommended .NET v5 Desktop framework, but when I look in the registry, I don't see it.  Odd.  Thoughts?

73, Greg, KM5GT

Robert Wright - N7ZO

Same here with 2.50.3.  No callsigns window.  Also, the menus were very sluggish and I did not seem to be getting alerts, although I was in the middle of a 6m Asian opening so I did not take the time to fully test.  Went back to 2.50.1 and all is okay.
73, Bob, N7ZO

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/07/2021 1:11 pm, Robert Wright wrote:
Went back to 2.50.1 and all is okay.
73, Bob, N7ZO

I am surprised that 2.50.1 is working as it will fail when run against the latest NET 5.0.7 Desktop Runtime that Microsoft is forcing as a security update. JTAlert 2.50.2 was released to overcome this NET 5.0.7 defective release.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Edited

According to the Microsoft installer I am running .NET 5.0.7 Desktop Runtime and JTAlert 2.50.3.  No callsign window.  I also tried re-installing .NET 5.0.7 and it gives me the repair option, so it does show installed.

73, Greg, KM5GT

g4wjs

On 13/07/2021 13:16, Greg, KM5GT wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

According to the Microsoft installer I am running .NET 5.0.7 Desktop Runtime and JTAlert 2.50.3.  No callsign window.  I also tried re-installing .NET 5.0.7 and it gives me the repair option, so it does show installed.

73, Greg, KM5GT

Hi Greg,

that shows you have the 64-bit version of JTAlert installed, do you have the 64-bit version of the .NET 5.0.7 Desktop Runtime installed as well?

Bill
G4WJS.

Robie - AJ4F

Like Bob I am using 2.50.3 and do not have the callsigns window.  I used task manager and determined that with 2.50.3 installed JTAlertV2.manager.exe is not running.  With 2.50.1 installed JTAlertV2.manager.exe is running.

I am using Windows Defender and I do not see that it has identified JTAlertV2.manager.exe as a problem.

Hopefully, this information will assist in locating the culprit!

Robie - AJ4F

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 10:11 PM Robert Wright <robert.g.wright@...> wrote:
Same here with 2.50.3.  No callsigns window.  Also, the menus were very sluggish and I did not seem to be getting alerts, although I was in the middle of a 6m Asian opening so I did not take the time to fully test.  Went back to 2.50.1 and all is okay.
73, Bob, N7ZO

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-07-13 8:39 AM, Robie - AJ4F wrote:

I am using Windows Defender and I do not see that it has
identified JTAlertV2.manager.exe as a problem.
Update your Defender definitions - add an exclusion for the
entire JTAlert installation directory if necessary. There is
no problem with JTAlert 2.50.3 as the beta team have been
running it for some time with no issue.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 10:11 PM Robert Wright <robert.g.wright@outlook.com>
wrote:

Same here with 2.50.3. No callsigns window. Also, the menus were very
sluggish and I did not seem to be getting alerts, although I was in the
middle of a 6m Asian opening so I did not take the time to fully test.
Went back to 2.50.1 and all is okay.
73, Bob, N7ZO

Robie - AJ4F

Joe,

I did as you suggested and see no difference.

Robie - AJ4F

On 2021-07-13 8:39 AM, Robie - AJ4F wrote:
> Like Bob I am using 2.50.3 and do not have the callsigns window.  I used
> task manager and determined that with 2.50.3 installed
> JTAlertV2.manager.exe is not running.  With 2.50.1 installed
> JTAlertV2.manager.exe is running.
>
> I am using Windows Defender and I do not see that it has
> identified JTAlertV2.manager.exe as a problem.
>
> Hopefully, this information will assist in locating the culprit!
>
> Robie - AJ4F
>
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 10:11 PM Robert Wright <robert.g.wright@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Same here with 2.50.3.  No callsigns window.  Also, the menus were very
>> sluggish and I did not seem to be getting alerts, although I was in the
>> middle of a 6m Asian opening so I did not take the time to fully test.
>> Went back to 2.50.1 and all is okay.
>> 73, Bob, N7ZO

Joe Subich, W4TV

What version of the .NET Runtime is installed? Does it
match your version of JTAlert (32/64 bit) and is it the
*DESKTOP* version?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

Joe,

wrote:

Same here with 2.50.3. No callsigns window. Also, the menus were very
sluggish and I did not seem to be getting alerts, although I was in the
middle of a 6m Asian opening so I did not take the time to fully test.
Went back to 2.50.1 and all is okay.
73, Bob, N7ZO

Robie - AJ4F

Yes it matches both are X64

image.png

On 2021-07-13 9:22 AM, Robie - AJ4F wrote:
> Joe,
>
> I did as you suggested and see no difference.
>
> Robie - AJ4F
>
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 8:00 AM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-07-13 8:39 AM, Robie - AJ4F wrote:
>>
>>   > I am using Windows Defender and I do not see that it has
>>   > identified JTAlertV2.manager.exe as a problem.
>>
>> Update your Defender definitions - add an exclusion for the
>> entire JTAlert installation directory if necessary.  There is
>> no problem with JTAlert 2.50.3 as the beta team have been
>> running it for some time with no issue.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>>      ... Joe, W4TV
>>

>> On 2021-07-13 8:39 AM, Robie - AJ4F wrote:
>>> Like Bob I am using 2.50.3 and do not have the callsigns window.  I used
>>> task manager and determined that with 2.50.3 installed
>>> JTAlertV2.manager.exe is not running.  With 2.50.1 installed
>>> JTAlertV2.manager.exe is running.
>>>
>>> I am using Windows Defender and I do not see that it has
>>> identified JTAlertV2.manager.exe as a problem.
>>>
>>> Hopefully, this information will assist in locating the culprit!
>>>
>>> Robie - AJ4F
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 10:11 PM Robert Wright <
>> robert.g.wright@...>

Edited

@Bill, yes, confirmed.  I am running the 64 bit version of .NET 5.

73, Greg, KM5GT

To complete the picture, this is what I am seeing.  The "stars" below the program header is my background.

73, Greg, KM5GT

Gary Gorniak

I am probably going to post something obvious here, but what the heck.  It's a mistake that I have made.  Did you make sure that under "View" in the settings, you have "Show Log Fields" checked?

73 de Gary - W9BS

On 7/13/2021 1:30 PM, Greg, KM5GT wrote:
To complete the picture, this is what I am seeing.  The "stars" below the program header is my background.

73, Greg, KM5GT

Dan K2IE

Same here...20.50.3 64 bit installed today and I no longer have the callsign window.

Robie - AJ4F

I installed today's windows update as well as the NET5 Desktop Runtime 5.0.8 X64 and still am not able to open the Callsigns Window.  Task Manager shows that  JTAlertV2.manager.exe is not running on my system.    I have set up an exclusion in windows defender for the HAMAPS folder.  This change did not result in the callsigns window becoming visible nor JTAlertV2.manager.exe running.

I'll provide any additional information requested to assist in resolving this issue.

Robie - AJ4F

On 14/07/2021 3:30 am, Greg, KM5GT wrote:
To complete the picture, this is what I am seeing.  The "stars" below the program header is my background.

73, Greg, KM5GT

If your expecting to see the Callsigns displayed under the menu bar of that window, you're out of luck. The callsigns display grid embedded in the main JTAlert window was removed starting with JTAlert 2.50.0. The callsigns are now displayed in their own dedicated window. Use the view menu to open the Callsigns window.

BTW, you image shows JTAlert displaying the Band & Mode in the titlebar, that indicates that comms with WSJT-X is working. You don't appear to have the same problem as others have been experiencing.

de Laurie VK3AMA

kb2m@arrl.net

In my last post on this subject I should of gone into more detail. Like most people who had issues, when I went to 64 bit ver .3� from 64 bit ver .2 I had no Callsign window. I tried to un� install and re install .3. I also re installed� NET 5.0.7. Still no Callsign Window. I then went back to .2 and I then had a� Callsign window.� I ran for several hours without issue. I then read Laurie's post on NET 5.0.8. I� decided to give it another try. I uninstalled .2, reinstalled .3 along with NET 5.0.8 and all is now working, I have a Callsign window.

So installing the newly released NET 5.0.8 resolved my Callsign window issue. This tells me something was wrong with NET 5.0.7?

73 Jeff kb2m

On 7/14/2021 5:19 AM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 14/07/2021 3:30 am, Greg, KM5GT wrote:
To complete the picture, this is what I am seeing.� The "stars" below the program header is my background.

73, Greg, KM5GT

If your expecting to see the Callsigns displayed under the menu bar of that window, you're out of luck. The callsigns display grid embedded in the main JTAlert window was removed starting with JTAlert 2.50.0. The callsigns are now displayed in their own dedicated window. Use the view menu to open the Callsigns window.

BTW, you image shows JTAlert displaying the Band & Mode in the titlebar, that indicates that comms with WSJT-X is working. You don't appear to have the same problem as others have been experiencing.

Just did this with another user and it didn't solve the missing callsign window.
#1 Uninstalled 5.0.8
#2 Reboot
#3 Install 5.0.8
#4 Install 2.50.3
No joy.

We renamed his HamApps directory to start a new config and everything is working now.

So there's a corruption in the config.

Laurie -- do you want this information?

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 08:44:16 AM CDT, kb2m@... <kb2mjeff@...> wrote:

[...]

@Laurie, in my case none of the secondary windows would open.  I couldn't open the Callsigns Window, Messaging Window, Activity Window or the Band Heat window.  However, YOUR LATEST FIX WORKED! In my case I didn't have either of the files you mentioned already in the directory, but I copied the new config into the directory anyway and all is well.  Thanks for the very quick fix!

73, Greg, KM5GT