locked Some worked grids showing as not worked

Jim Cary

Hi Bill,

Something strange is going on.  For example, in the window for 20 meters dxcc needed, Canada shows up as not needed.  Yet the JT Alert Callsign #1 display show it as needed.   Conversely, Hong Kong is needed in the 20 meter dxcc panel but shows up in the Jt Alert Callsign #1 display as not needed.

I've checked and double checked and the path to my DXKeeper log is shown correctly in JT Alert.

Doesn't make sense, but there it is!!!

BTW, I don't know if this is relevant, but all my JTAlert and WSJT-X got wiped out by a power surge (along with the computer!!) so I had to start from scratch with JTAlert and WSJT-x.

Jim

g4wjs

On 13/07/2021 13:04, Jim Cary wrote:
Bill.... Thanks That did the trick.

Just to be clear, JT Alert needed countries, grids, etc works off the tables in JT Alert that are updated when you do a "Rebuild Aleert Databases", correct?

Jim
Hi Jim,

it is not quite that simple and depends what logging application you use. As I understand it JT Alert scan your log for worked before stations every time it starts, it does this silently in the background and once it has gathered the data it augments it with newly logged QSO partners as well. This last point is why JTAlert only works properly if it is involved in transferring logged QSOs between WSJT-X and your logging application since it needs to know about them. The "Rebuild Alert Databases" handles all of the rest of the information needed to track and generate alerts, like your progress towards your defined DXing goals, e.g. LoTW and QSL card confirmations of DXCC Enities worked, etc..

Bill
G4WJS.

Jim Cary

Bill.... Thanks   That did the trick.

Just to be clear, JT Alert needed countries, grids, etc works off the tables in JT Alert that are updated when you do a "Rebuild Aleert Databases", correct?

Jim

g4wjs

On 13/07/2021 12:15, Jim Cary wrote:
Laurie -- Where in WSJT-X can you turn off the B4  coloring?  I can't find it.

Jim
Hi Jim,

"Settings->General->Show DXCC, grid, and worked-before status". For more fine-grained control you might uncheck the "New Call" and "New Call on Band" highlighting options on the "Settings->Colors" panel.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill
G4WJS.

Jim Cary

Laurie -- Where in WSJT-X can you turn off the B4  coloring?  I can't find it.

Jim

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/07/2021 5:15 am, Jim Cary wrote:
Some (not not all) grids shown as worked in the "worked grids box" for a band are showing up as needed on WSJT-X.  Weird.

Any thoughts?

Jim
W2SM

If JTAlert is showing a Grid (or any of the needed entities) as previously worked, a B4, yet WSJT-X does not that indicates that the WSJT-X adi file it uses doesn't contain the same entries as the log file that you have JTAlert set to use to determine the worked B4 status. This tends to happen when a user deletes the WSJT-X adi file. You can do an adif export from your logger and replace the WSJT-X adi file with that export or turn off the B4 coloring in WSJT-X and follow the coloring that JTAlert applies to the WSJT-X decodes.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Cary

Hi Laurie,