locked JTAlert 2.50.2 About doesn't appear, no comm from WSJT-X

Gary N6DM

I've been trying to get WSJT-X (2.4.0) to send decodes to JTAlert (2.50.2) on my Win10 box but no success.  I tried reinstalling JTAlert, but same result.  I've followed all the instructions in the JTAlert Help under WSJT-X UDP Setup without success.  And at the end of the Setup it says to open the JTAlert About window but the About window never appears.  What have I missed?
Gary

Gary N6DM

After a few minutes an About box did finally appear with "UDP Communications Failure" message.  The port and IP match what is set up in WSJT-X.

image.png

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/07/2021 6:29 am, Gary wrote:
I've been trying to get WSJT-X (2.4.0) to send decodes to JTAlert (2.50.2) on my Win10 box but no success.  I tried reinstalling JTAlert, but same result.  I've followed all the instructions in the JTAlert Help under WSJT-X UDP Setup without success.  And at the end of the Setup it says to open the JTAlert About window but the About window never appears.  What have I missed?
Gary
The About window display is controlled by the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process. If the process is not running or is continually stopping and restarting than the About window will not show and you will not be able to establish UDP comms with WSJT-X.

What does TaskManager show for the JTAlertV2.Manager process? Is it running or stopping & restarting.

Typical causes of the Manager not running is PC protection software interference or the incorrect NET runtime installed, usually the non-desktop version rather than the required "Desktop Runtime" version.

See this FAQ link for correct runtime install... https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/35794 <https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/35794>

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gary N6DM

Hi Laurie, it was the runtime.  I had the wrong version installed (x86 vs x64).  It's working now.  I thought it was an x86 box (hey programs are in the x86 folder), but it is 64 bit, so anyway, all fixed.  Tnx for the help, Gary