locked Moving from WSJT-X to JTDX #FT8 #JTDX

David Gould

I want to try using JTDX in place of WSJT-X for FT8

Other than using the alternative shortcut to the JTDX version of JTAlert,  Is there anything else I have to do to keep my current setting and files?

I am still running V2.16.15 of JTAlert as I am unsure about getting .Net5 on to a W7 Home Premium computer.

73,  Dave G3UEG

Michael Black

Just use the JTAlert JTDX shortcut instead.  That's all you need to do.

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, July 10, 2021, 06:19:50 AM CDT, David Gould <dave@...> wrote:

I want to try using JTDX in place of WSJT-X for FT8

Other than using the alternative shortcut to the JTDX version of JTAlert,  Is there anything else I have to do to keep my current setting and files?

I am still running V2.16.15 of JTAlert as I am unsure about getting .Net5 on to a W7 Home Premium computer.

73,  Dave G3UEG

Lawrence Godek

Dave,

I have a Win 7 Premium system here that i use daily for WSJT 2.3.1  and JTAlert  (2.50) along with Net 5.0.  I don't seem to have any problems with this setup at all.  I've never tried the JTDX program.

Larry W0OGH

DM52ba in SE Arizona away from the populations

On 7/10/2021 4:19 AM, David Gould wrote:
I want to try using JTDX in place of WSJT-X for FT8

Other than using the alternative shortcut to the JTDX version of JTAlert,  Is there anything else I have to do to keep my current setting and files?

I am still running V2.16.15 of JTAlert as I am unsure about getting .Net5 on to a W7 Home Premium computer.

73,  Dave G3UEG

David Gould

Thanks for the  help and advice.

73,
Dave G3UEG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/07/2021 9:19 pm, David Gould wrote:
I am unsure about getting .Net5 on to a W7 Home Premium computer.

73,  Dave G3UEG

There is no harm in installing the NET 5 Desktop Runtime, even if your version of JTAlert doesn't use it. If it installs correctly without showing an error you can be reasonably confident that you can run the new 2.50.x JTAlert. If things go pear-shaped, it is easy to downgrade JTAlert, simply run the installer for the old version. Your settings are save and the config file is compatible between the old and new versions.

de Laurie VK3AMA