locked Single/double click within callsigns window not working

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/07/2021 8:57 pm, BOB K5HX via groups.io wrote:
I have set a trust level for wsjtx.exe as well as for J2AlertV2Manager and jt9.exe.  Are there any other programs that need the trust level modified.

Along with JTAlertV2.Manager.exe you need to set JTAlert.exe and JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe (if using the Decodes window).

If you want to clean up your rules you can remove all the JTAlert entries with "Plugin" in the name. Plugins have been obsolete for many versions now.

de Laurie VK3AMA

BOB K5HX

Laurie,

Thanks for the reply.  I had wondered about the higher numbered UDP ports (Ephemeral ports).  In any event,  in Zone Alarm,  you create for each program the rules as shown below.  As you can see,  I have set a trust level for wsjtx.exe as well as for J2AlertV2Manager and jt9.exe.  Are there any other programs that need the trust level modified.

Bob K5HX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 8/07/2021 9:53 am, BOB K5HX via groups.io wrote:
Also,  I attempted to configure the firewall to allow inbound and outbound UDP traffic on port 2237 but wasn't sure if that was correct.

That is not correct.

While JTAlert will be listening to port 2237 for UDP traffic from WSJT-X, the UDP messages it sends back to WSJT-X will not be to port 2237, they will be to a port that is automatically assigned by Windows when the WSJT-X network interface code is run. Similarly, the port that JTAlert sends from is also automatically assigned by Windows, it is not hard coded. Windows simply assigns a port from its pool of unused ports. These are called Ephemeral Ports and for Windows (post XP) are in the range 49152-65535.

You will need to create an application-rule in the firewall rather than a port-rule if Zone Alarm is blocking JTAlert <-> WSJT-X comms.

de Laurie VK3AMA

BOB K5HX

Ron,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes,  I am using multicast and have the settings configured properly,

Bob K5HX

On Jul 8, 2021, at 7:37 AM, Ron W3RJW via groups.io <w3rjw@...> wrote:

Bob,

Have you told JTAlert you are using multi-cast ?

Settings, WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback
Ron, W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x 2.5.0, rc1 Improved, JTAlert 2.50.2, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.357
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

Ron W3RJW

Bob,

Have you told JTAlert you are using multi-cast ?

Settings, WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback
Ron, W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x 2.5.0, rc1 Improved, JTAlert 2.50.2, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.357
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

Can you do a app rule for both like in windows 10 firewall?