locked MSDATL3 Issue

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/07/2021 1:03 am, kk5aa_fred via groups.io wrote:
I get a warning that MSDATL3
is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.
I've uninstalled JTAlert and reinstalled but I keep getting this warning.

What now?

This is a problem within Windows itself. It would appear that something is broken within the Database Access components of Windows. I suggest you talk with Microsoft Support to get this resolved.

FWIW, in the 10+ years that JTAlert has been available, supporting many Windows versions, this is the first time I have received a report of a MSDATL3 error. Something is broken in Windows that is affecting the JTAlert database code.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim N6VH

On 7/3/2021 8:03 AM, kk5aa_fred via groups.io wrote:
I tried to update and use JTAlert for the first time since January.
The installation of 2.50.2 appeared to go well. It says that an appropriate version of .NET was already available.
However, when I tried to rebuild the database, I get a warning that MSDATL3
is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.
I've uninstalled JTAlert and reinstalled but I keep getting this warning.

What now?
_._,_._,_

MSDATL3 is part of Windows, so the problem might not be with JTALert.

Could you post a screen shot of the error message (just the message, not the entire screen)?

What version of Windows?

What log program do you use?

73,

Jim N6VH