locked JTAlert Alert Window Overflow

Craig

GM.  In peak hours with a lot of decodes coming from WSJT-X, the JTAlert window as I have configured (3X7) will overflow.  Normally this is not an issue.  Excess alerts will fill the screen and then accumulate without clearing -  multiple decode cycles become necessary for the window to eventually clear and return back to normal.  Is there a selection option which causes alerts that exceed the defined window (3X7) capacity to clear each cycle?

I know from prior posts that the typical response for this is to eliminate alerts filters (like B4's).  Looking to see if fother options that may be there.  Thank you.

Michael Black

What version of JTAlert?

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, June 7, 2021, 07:44:59 AM CDT, Craig <nz4cwcraig@...> wrote:

GM.  In peak hours with a lot of decodes coming from WSJT-X, the JTAlert window as I have configured (3X7) will overflow.  Normally this is not an issue.  Excess alerts will fill the screen and then accumulate without clearing -  multiple decode cycles become necessary for the window to eventually clear and return back to normal.  Is there a selection option which causes alerts that exceed the defined window (3X7) capacity to clear each cycle?

I know from prior posts that the typical response for this is to eliminate alerts filters (like B4's).  Looking to see if fother options that may be there.  Thank you.

Craig

GM.  I am using 2.50.1

Dave Garber

I made a larger window and also changing the zoom level may let you see more in the window

On Mon., Jun. 7, 2021, 10:21 a.m. Craig, <NZ4CWcraig@...> wrote:
GM.  I am using 2.50.1

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/06/2021 10:44 pm, Craig wrote:
In peak hours with a lot of decodes coming from WSJT-X, the JTAlert window as I have configured (3X7) will overflow.  Normally this is not an issue.  Excess alerts will fill the screen and then accumulate without clearing -  multiple decode cycles become necessary for the window to eventually clear and return back to normal.  Is there a selection option which causes alerts that exceed the defined window (3X7) capacity to clear each cycle?

I know from prior posts that the typical response for this is to eliminate alerts filters (like B4's).  Looking to see if fother options that may be there.  Thank you.

JTAlert automatically clears the Callsigns window at the start of a new decode received period. The first decode received from WSJT-X is the trigger to clear the callsigns. There is no setting, it is built into the code.

Are you seeing duplicate callsigns in the Callsigns window when there is no clearing?

On 8/06/2021 5:33 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
JTAlert automatically clears the Callsigns window at the start of a new decode received period. The first decode received from WSJT-X is the trigger to clear the callsigns. There is no setting, it is built into the code.

I neglected to add... Any additional callsigns beyond the restrictive 3 x 7 limit you have set your self are still displayed in the Callsigns window, but not shown as you will need to scroll the display. These non-visible callsigns are also automatically cleared along with the visible callsigns, it is a single clear instruction, JTAlert has no concept of what is visible and what is not.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Craig

Thanks Laurie for the explanation(s).  I am not sure of duplicates, and will need to also watch the JTAlert callsign count (over and above the 3X7 display parameter) as further decodes progress from WSJT-X to help clarify what I am seeing.  When this occurs, I do not recall any clearing of the callsign window until after a number of decode cycles.  Thank you.  C