locked Multiple callsign registrations

Wayne

Since upgrading to version 2.50.1 of JTALERT I am getting multiple callsign listings, up to 20 of the same calls and repeated calling of CQ for those calls. I have uninstalled this version and reinstalled but the problem persists. Any help appreciated

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/06/2021 1:58 pm, Wayne wrote:
Since upgrading to version 2.50.1 of JTALERT I am getting multiple callsign listings, up to 20 of the same calls and repeated calling of CQ for those calls. I have uninstalled this version and reinstalled but the problem persists. Any help appreciated

This will not be caused by the JTAlert upgrade. It is caused by someone enabling the "Resend WSJT-X UDP packets..." setting and having it incorrectly set to use the same port as the WSJT-X Primary UDP server setting (typically 2237). The JTAlert upgrade did not make those changes. This resend port should NEVER be set to match WSJT-X.

This setting is off by default with a default port of 2334. Someone has incorrectly changed the port and enabled the setting causing incoming UDP messages to be resent back to the input port causing them to be reprocessed again and again in a feedback loop.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Wayne

Thanks Laurie
I will check the settings.

[...]