From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 12:03 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Filters - A feature request

Mike W9MDB

Inline image

On Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:00:40 PM CDT, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

I cannot find where in Settings to specify my DXCC number.

Also received this while looking ...

Mike Flowers

Thank you!

Michael Black

Mike W9MDB
Inline image

On Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 11:00:40 PM CDT, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

I cannot find where in Settings to specify my DXCC number.

Also received this while looking ...

Mike Flowers

I cannot find where in Settings to specify my DXCC number.

Also received this while looking ...

Seb

Thanks for clarifying this.  I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you to track all of these settings and decodes.

Now before we get the "what is my DXCC number", for the 48 states in the union it's #291, and the setting is found in the Station Callsign selection in the settings of the main program.

For other locations, you'll find the DXCC number (displayed as Entity Code), here: http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/2020%20Current_Deleted.txt

73 de W4AS

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/06/2021 9:40 am, Seb wrote:
I never saw a need (and actually never noticed that setting) to do so, but obviously it's important.

The setting was never important and went unused until now.

I briefly considered adding auto detection of the dxcc # but that in some instances would fail for swl and special event callsigns that may be used. So a confirmation popup prompt would have been needed along with a checkbox to not show the popup again. The code was rapidly becoming more complicated so I chose to abandon that and require the user to perform a one-time setting. With all that has happened in the last week with the NET 5.0.7 induced broken audio, I simply ran out of time to fully flesh out the documentation of the new requirements. I should have added a more prominent note about the dxcc # setting.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Seb

No, and you got it!

Now that I did, the Decodes DX panel is populating.  I never saw a need (and actually never noticed that setting) to do so, but obviously it's important.

Thanks again for adding the new functionality to an already awesome software!

73 de W4AS

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/06/2021 9:12 am, Seb wrote:
Again, I'm not seeing any DX stations in the Decodes DX panel.

73 de W4AS

Have you set your DXCC number in the main JTAlert Settings?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Cooper

On 22 Jun 2021 at 16:12, Seb wrote:

Again, I'm not seeing any DX stations in the Decodes DX panel.
You are decoding only ONE dx station, and that station
is flagged as B4 ... check your various B4 filters -
something is blocking them going to the DX window.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/06/2021 9:12 am, Seb wrote:
Hopefully the attached will display here.

Again, I'm not seeing any DX stations in the Decodes DX panel.

73 de W4AS

That doesn't look right. The PV8 should be appearing in the DX panel.

Try enabling the "Decodes Local" panel as well, so you have both DX and Local visible, are the DX calls showing in the Local panel? They should not. Post another image.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Seb

Hopefully the attached will display here.

Again, I'm not seeing any DX stations in the Decodes DX panel.

73 de W4AS

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/06/2021 9:02 am, Seb wrote:
However, no DX stations are showing in the Decodes DX panel.

In the "Decodes DX" view are you seeing all callsigns, local and DX, or no callsigns?

If it is all callsigns that would be due to not seeing your DXCC in the JTAlert Settings.

From the 2.50 features help file...

de Laurie VK3AMA

Seb

I don't think you understood my message.  I'm seeing DX stations (outside of my country) on panels such as CQ and Distant decodes.  I understand they will appear in multiple panels depending on the type of decodes.

However, no DX stations are showing in the Decodes DX panel.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/06/2021 8:50 am, Seb wrote:
Laurie the Decodes DX panel doesn't appear to be working.  I'm seeing DX stations on the other panels (RR73, CQ, and Distant decodes).

Regardless, this is an incredible update.

73 de W4AS

That's correct behavior. If you have multiple panels visible, a DX callsign may appear in multiple panels/views depending on the type of decode that panel is set for. A DX station calling CQ will appear in both CQ and DX panels if you have both visible. They are not mutually exclusive.

The DX Decodes view will show all callsigns that originate from a country other than your own regardless of the type of decode or Alerts triggered.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Seb

Laurie the Decodes DX panel doesn't appear to be working.  I'm seeing DX stations on the other panels (RR73, CQ, and Distant decodes).

Regardless, this is an incredible update.

73 de W4AS

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/06/2021 7:08 am, Mike Flowers wrote:
I think 'Decodes DX' view type excludes DX stations with a B4 status - is this correct?
Only if you have the "Alerts -> Filters -> Do not show B4 Callsigns" filter set on the main JTAlert window, otherwise the B4's should flow through to the "Decodes DX" view (and all other views).

If you don't have the B4 filter enabled and the callsigns are not displayed in Callsigns window let me know and I will do some investigation.

FYI, Filtering that is set in the main JTAlert window will eventually migrate over to the new Callsigns window, but that is unlikely in the near future.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike Flowers

I have installed v2.50.2 and it's working great!  Thank you very much for all the effort you've put into JTAlert!!  It's awesome!

I think 'Decodes DX' view type excludes DX stations with a B4 status - is this correct?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/06/2021 6:15 am, William Osborne wrote:
So for old brain like mine, there is currently no way to see only DX spot, i.e, not USA spots?

Thanks for great program,
Bill---K5ZQ

There is, but you will need to wait until the next public release.

The next release has as options a "Local Decodes" display and a "DX Decodes" display. The "DX Decodes" which will restrict the callsigns displayed to those originating from Countries other than your own. The Callsigns window will allow you to view both these filtered views concurrently in separate display panels on the Callsigns window. ;-)

The next release is imminent, I have delayed it while I monitor the Microsoft developer activity regarding the current NET 5.0.7 runtime defect that breaks the sound output. I am hoping they release a fix within the next couple of days so I don't have to release the new JTAlert which has workaround for the defect but it means JTAlert will be restricted to playing audio on the default Windows device only rather than a user-settable device.

de Laurie VK3AMA

William Osborne

So for old brain like mine, there is currently no way to see only DX spot, i.e, not USA spots?

Thanks for great program,
Bill---K5ZQ

Mike Flowers

Edited

Thanks, Laurie.   As a matter of fact, that may be even better.   When I turn off NA, I am looking for DX and miss decodes of all the Caribbean and Central American stations which seem to be in the NA category.  Local vs DX is a great approach!

73 de Mike, K6MKF