locked Feature request for the Decodes Window - Very minor

Jim Cooper

On 30 May 2021 at 16:45, Paul Philip wrote:

Just looking to highlight the country
name when it alerts, along with any
other alerts.
oh, you want to alert / color the COUNTRY NAME?
As far as I know, any alert coloring has only been
done on the callsigns ... seems to me anything in
another column like the country NAME would be a
whole new project for Laurie ... time better spent
on features not easily accomplished with the users'
eyeballs.

w2jc

Paul AC9O

Thanks Laurie, that works for me! Didn't realize that was the column you highlighted!

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 31/05/2021 2:22 am, Paul AC9O wrote:
Thanks for a really nice program, it works great for me and is very user friendly!

I noticed on the Decodes Window that new states, grids, zones, prefixes are highlighted but new countries are not. Perhaps this can be added at some point, I know you are in a rewrite.

I find it useful to look at a column and easily ID the alerts.

73
Paul, AC9O

You have 2 options.
  1. Relocate the Dxcc column (after you make it visible) to next to the CountryName column so you can easily see the Country name of DXCC Alerted decodes.
  2. Wait for the JTAlert 2.50.2 release.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 31/05/2021 4:11 am, Paul AC9O wrote:
Here's an example of the decodes window of JTAlert that has various alerts present. Note E27TE is a needed country, prefix and zones but the country is not highlighted.
Your image shows that you don't have the DXCC column visible, why is that? Having the DXCC column visible will help identify Dxcc alerts.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Cooper

On 30 May 2021 at 11:11, Paul AC9O wrote:

Here's an example of the decodes
window of JTAlert that has various
alerts present. Note E27TE is a
needed country, prefix and zones but
the country is not highlighted.
Is your NEW COUNTRY alert the HIGHEST
on the alert priority list ?

Paul AC9O

Here's an example of the decodes window of JTAlert that has various alerts present. Note E27TE is a needed country, prefix and zones but the country is not highlighted.

Paul AC9O

Hi Laurie,