locked JTA 250.1 Error Downloading

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/05/2021 3:23 am, David Marcelli via groups.io wrote:

I get the error messages in JTA on the attached JPEG (sorry for hard to read file).  I have tried multiple times to download with no success. I have seen similar, but not identical problems in the message center.

I also get  the following error message from WSJT, not sure if it related to the JTA issue. (I am working on it)

Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.
  UDP Port : 2233
  IP Address : 127.0.0.1
  Values read from WSJT-X config file...
    C:\Users\Dave N4CQ\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

WSJT-X Detected Instance...
  Process Window Title : WSJT-X   v2.2.1   by K1JT, G4WJS, and K9AN
  Process Command Line : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected.

This system has worked successfully for along time until this attempt to upgrade the software.  I would appreciate any fix.

Dave
N4CQ

The error downloading message indicates that the expected versions file was not found. Use the "Check for updates" button to re-download the versions file.

Your UDP error is likely a misconfiguration. I note your message indicated port 2233, that is an unusual number suggesting you're likely trying to use UDP rebroadcasting/repeating. I suggest you change that port back to the default 2237 and turn off the Secondary UDP server if it is enabled. See the Reporting tab of the WSJT-X settings.

The error message also indicates you're using a very old WSJT-X version, 2.2.1, you should consider upgrading WSJT-X. If you're updating JTAlert, you should be updating WSJT-X as well, otherwise, eventually you will get a non-working setup due to version incompatibility.

The JTAlert Help file has a dedicated topic on setting up WSJT-X UDP correctly. BUT it is not 100% correct because of your very old WSJT-X.

de Laurie VK3AMA

David Marcelli

Thanks Jim.  I am getting around to making the changes.  what stuns me is that all has been working like a swiss watch before I made the upgrades.  I'll try your solutions.

My internet connection is fuzzy at times, not so good in the high mountains of east Tennessee.  it is generally a solid connection.  73

Dave
N4CQ

On 5/28/2021 10:23 AM, David Marcelli via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Dave,
Yes, the image is hard to read. I downloaded it and enlarged it, which helped.
What version of JTAlert were you using before you up graded to 2.50.1?
The errors shown in the JTAlert Updates screen look like there is a problem with your internet connection. When you click on Check for Updates, that goes to a website and checks to see what the most recent files are. If your internet is working OK, and it must be since you were able to send the e-mail, there might be an issue with your network protection software (firewall). You might check to see if it is blocking JTAlert from accessing the internet. Just a thought. Incidentally, the only JTAlert software that is out of date on your system is the Callsign Database. The latest version is v2021.05.22.
I also see you are using WSJT-X 2.2.1. That is almost a year old. It would be a very good idea to upgrade to the latest version, which is 2.4.0.
Regarding the "Unable to communicate with WSJT-X" message - are you running any other programs that also interact with WSJT-X, such as Grid Tracker? If so, you need to use a multicast address in WSJT-X, such as 239.255.0.0, in the UDP Port: section.
Another possibility is, once again, your network protection software. It is possible that it started blocking the access between the two programs. This happens with some software, at times.
At any rate, check the issues I mentioned, by all means, upgrade to the latest WSJT-X version, and see if that helps.
73,
Jim N6VH

Jim N6VH