locked Alerts window does'nt start.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/05/2021 2:05 am, jeff29754 M1BCM wrote:
Hi Laurie, problem solved. It was Windows 10 UAC that was stopping manager from starting. Only thing I need to solve now is regaining the ability to SINGLE-CLICK on a callsign to initiate a call.

Many thanks to you Laurie, and all input by others.

If WSJT-X is not responding to Callsign click events, the usual cause is not having the WSJT-X UDP Server settings correct. Specifically, if the "Accept UDP requests" is not enabled WSJT-X will not respond to JTAlert callsign clicks.

de Laurie VK3AMA

jeff29754 M1BCM

Hi Laurie, problem solved. It was Windows 10 UAC that was stopping manager from starting. Only thing I need to solve now is regaining the ability to SINGLE-CLICK on a callsign to initiate a call.

Many thanks to you Laurie, and all input by others.

Jim Denneny

Jeff - try NET 5.0.6 upgrade.  It solved my JTAlert  2.50.1 start problem. NET reports some issues with 5.0 with some applications.

73, Jim K7EG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 25/05/2021 10:59 am, jeff29754 M1BCM wrote:
Hi Laurie, what I call the "alerts window" is wthe window that shows all the calls which I can click on etc. I upgraded from 2.5.0. which was working fine up until the the.net and 2.5.1. installations.

Thanks for replying.

de Jeff M1BCM
Jeff,

There was no requirement for a .NET install with 2.50.1, the .NET install required for the 2.50.0 install is all that was needed. What prompted you to install a new NET 5 runtime?

Are you able to open the JTAlert Help->About window?

Are you able to open any of the new 2.50.x windows? See the "Yellow star" entries under the View menu of the main JTAlert window.

If none of these windows will open, that suggests a problem with the JTAlertV2.Manager process, likely it is not running or is continually stopping and starting. What does TaskManager show for this process?

The Manager process is dependent on the .NET 5 runtime. When you installed/upgraded the runtime for your 2.50.1 install did your install the correct architecture version matching that of JTAlert? The runtime needs to match JTAlert, either x86 or x64. If you're using Windows 64 bit, I suggests using the x64 version of the runtime and JTAlert. While the 32 bit (x86) runtime and JTAlert will work under 64bit Windows, IMO, it is best to keep it x64 across the board, Windows, NET runtime and JTAlert all being x64.

de Laurie VK3AMA

jeff29754 M1BCM

Edited

Hi Laurie, what I call the "alerts window" is wthe window that shows all the calls which I can click on etc. I upgraded from 2.5.0. which was working fine up until the the.net and 2.5.1. installations.

Thanks for replying.

de Jeff M1BCM

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 25/05/2021 5:09 am, jeff29754 wrote:
Before installing the new JTAlert version, I first installed the new .net software. Both went with no problems but the Alerts window is a no-show and the QSO history window won't populate. I'm sure it's fixable in settings but I sure as hell can't find it hihi. Report sent.

Jeff M1BCM

There is no "Alerts" window in JTAlert 2.50.1

What version did you upgrade from, was it a pre 2.50.x version? If so, is it the missing Callsign display grid of the main JTAlert window that is your problem? If yes, see the 2.50.0 release notes.

de Laurie VK3AMA

jeff29754 M1BCM

Hi guys, could'nt find a fix for this ...