locked Convert free-floating "Callsigns No1" window to being part of single window ... as before

Peter Laws

You will eventually have a one window when the old JTAlert main window code is fully migrated to the new .NET 5 code base and the old window is removed. But that change is not imminent, there is still a considerable amount of work to undertake to complete the code migration.
"Transitional" is all I needed to hear - I will be patient. :-)

As I noted, the new callsigns window seems better and more functional
and this has been borne out by fiddling around on 50 MHz today ... but
it's superfluous because there is already a window. Seriously, I'll
try to be patient!

I did note that JTAlert will now look for updates by itself, which is
a BIG help - thanks for that.

On 22/05/2021 4:16 am, Peter Laws wrote:
Subject: line says it all.  I have looked all through settings ... and the "other" settings under the superflous window's "gear" ("Follow JTAlert window" ain't it).  I would just like *one* JTAlert Windows ... as it was before.

Lest anyone think I just want things to go back to where they were "in the day", the new callsign window looks much more useful ... if it was docked at the bottom of WSJT-X 2.3.1 ...

You will eventually have a one window when the old JTAlert main window code is fully migrated to the new .NET 5 code base and the old window is removed. But that change is not imminent, there is still a considerable amount of work to undertake to complete the code migration.

If you want docking like behavior with the new Callsigns window, set the old JTAlert window to dock with WSJT-X and then set the Callsigns window to "Follow JTAlert window", use the Gear icon or F2 to bring up the Options popup. The Callsigns window will minimize & restore following the old JTAlert window as it follows WSJT-X. I do this, but with the Callsigns window positioned to the right of the WSJT-X window, something that cannot be done with the old docking method which supported docking to the Top or Bottom only.

Not sure what you mean when you refer to the Gear icon as superflous (the correct spelling is superfluous). I use it all the time, it is more convenient than the F2 hotkey. It also hosts a right-click context menu. It definitely is not superfluous, IMO.

If none of the above is suitable, you're best to roll back to JTAlert 2.16.17 which still has the callsigns (limited to a max of 36) in the main window.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Peter Laws