know which window to send the "terminate" message when it closes.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-14 4:51 PM, Craig wrote:
Hi Jim - decided to make the new changes and all works just fine using
JTAlert (launch / close) only. The only window that does not close
automatically is the Google Earth Pro window. That window was not closing
when terminating apps using Launcher. Not sure how that is managed. Best, C
On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 3:41 PM Craig Willison <nz4cwcraig@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jim - thanks much for your thoughts on shutdown options. I understand
your thinking / approach and how it would work not using the bat file.
Some thoughts on operating implications:

1 - If I am going to run digital, everything (launching / terminating) is
then controlled by launching / stopping JTAlert
2 - If I am going to mostly run a different mode, I can launch / terminate
DXLab apps via the Launcher (as designed) without WSJT-X / JTAlert
running. Issue would be then starting JTAlert and having the DXLab apps
launched again - likely easier to terminate with Launcher and restart via
JTAlert.
3 - For mixed mode, option 1 still works fine.

So maybe it's best to always run option 1 given the issue noted under 2.
I wonder if there are implications for operating/logging with JTAlert
starting before the DXLab apps?

Could work Jim. Appreciate you noodling on this for me. I will swing
back to you and let you know what I experience.

73, Craig

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 2:26 PM Jim N6VH <N6VH@outlook.com> wrote:

On 5/13/2021 5:58 PM, Craig wrote:

Hello Jim - thanks so much for taking the time to put together the coding
and the description of the process. All works just great making the entire
startup process a single click!

Question, as Launcher takes care of starting and terminating the DXLab
applications and other applications that start direct (before or after the
DXLab apps), is there a way to have Launcher terminate the apps started
using the above process that you put together for me? Not a big item but
would take care of everything at shutdown. Thanks again Jim.

73, Craig

Craig,

I'm glad my solution worked fro you.

I don't see any easy way of shutting down JTAlert form DXLab Launcher. It
has been many years since I worked with batch files, so I am pretty rusty
with them. Here's a thought about a different approach. Would it work for
you to have JTAlert autostart DXLab, and NOT use the batch file? In
JTAlert settings, under Auto-Start, set DXLab Launcher to Start after
JTAlert, and then Close when JTAlert is closed.

In DXLab Launcher configuration, select the DXLab Apps you want to start,
and at the top, check Auto Start. Also, check Terminate On Shutdown. See if
that works for you.

Ignore any of the ACLog autostart you see in my JTAlert example. It is
just there for testing (as is DXLab Launcher).

73,

Jim N6VH

Craig

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 2:26 PM Jim N6VH <N6VH@...> wrote:

[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/05/2021 5:41 am, Craig wrote:
I wonder if there are implications for operating/logging with JTAlert starting before the DXLab apps?

There is no problems starting JTAlert before the DXLab programs. JTAlert will not finish its startup until its auto-start entries have started. So there is no trying to log a QSO if DXKeeper has not started.

My recommendation is to NOT autostart DXLab applications from JTAlert. There can be startup delays in starting the suite of DXLab programs, which you will need anticipate  and account for in setting delays in the JTAlert auto-starts. Also, if for some reason you need to restart JTAlert and or WSJT-X you will be forced to shutdown DXLab and restart them also due to their auto-start entries in JTAlert. I would keep the DXLab startups and JTAlert startup separate. Start DXLab first and wait for it to complete then start JTAlert which can be set to auto-start/close WSJT-X.

If you go with JTAlert startling everything, make sure that WSJT-X is started after DXLab commander and that you have given Commander sufficient time to complete its startup before starting WSJT-X.

I personally run the full DXLab suite. It gets started first, independent of JTAlert, then JTAlert/WSJT-X are started. When I want to switch to a non WSJT-X mode operation, I simply close JTAlert/WSJT-X, DXLab is still running for my non-JT modes.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Craig

[...]

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 7:44 PM Jim N6VH <N6VH@...> wrote:

On 5/13/2021 6:06 AM, Craig wrote:
GM.  JTAlert has an internal feature (Under Applications) to auto-start other applications, for example starting WSJTX.exe    I would like to autostart JTAlert from DXLabs Launcher but the URL for JTAlert requires a WSJTX version reference.  The toolbar noted target is:
 "C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe" /wsjtx but when copied does not work from Launcher.  Pop-up window notes version reference is not present.  Can I get some guidance on this?  Is there a work-around?

73, Craig

Jim N6VH

On 5/13/2021 4:44 PM, Jim N6VH wrote:

Craig,

Copy and paste the following into a text editor (Notepad, for example).

@ECHO OFF
CD C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert
START JTAlert.exe /wsjtx
EXIT

Then save it as a .bat file. Name it something like Run JTAlert.bat. Make certain it as saved as a .bat file, not .txt. Then, in DXLab Launcher, in the Config section, in the "Apps Started Before" or "Apps Started After DXLabs Apps" (whichever works for you), point the program path to that bat file and click enable. In the DXLab Apps tab, make sure that you only have the DXLab Apps enabled that you want to start. Then, in the DXLab Launcher main screen, click the Start button. That should run JTAlert, as well as the DXLab apps you have enabled. See if this works for you.

73,

Jim N6VH
Craig,

Even though it is probably obvious, I should have added that the second line needs to be pointed to wherever the JTAlert exe file is. In my case, it is in the location I show above. I do know, however, that some do have it installed elsewhere.

73,

Jim N6VH

Jim N6VH

On 5/13/2021 6:06 AM, Craig wrote:
GM.  JTAlert has an internal feature (Under Applications) to auto-start other applications, for example starting WSJTX.exe    I would like to autostart JTAlert from DXLabs Launcher but the URL for JTAlert requires a WSJTX version reference.  The toolbar noted target is:
 "C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\JTAlert.exe" /wsjtx but when copied does not work from Launcher.  Pop-up window notes version reference is not present.  Can I get some guidance on this?  Is there a work-around?

73, Craig
_._,_._,_

[...]

Michael Black

That's a question for the DXLabs people.
It seems the the DXLabs Launcher does not allow arguments to commands.
So you would have to create a batch file that you would call instead.

Mike W9MDB