locked Single/double click within callsigns window not working

BOB K5HX

I shut down all other running applications other than WSJT-X and HRD and still have the same result.
Also,  the netstat -ano command produced the following which contains the correct port number.   UDP  0.0.0.0:2237 and a process number which corresponded to JTAlertV2.Manager.exe

Bob  K5HX

Michael Black

The easy way to find out is to shut down everything except WSJT-X and JTAlert.
Then test clicking....if it works then some other app is intercepting the response.

Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 07:15:42 PM CDT, BOB K5HX via groups.io <k5hx@...> wrote:

As far as I can tell HRD is not configured for multicast UDP on the same port.

Bob K5HX

BOB K5HX

As far as I can tell HRD is not configured for multicast UDP on the same port.

Bob K5HX

Dave Garber

yes, multicast is supported.... in GT

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 6:57 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Are you sure Grid Tracker does multicast?

Do you have HRD listening to the WSJT-X port too maybe?

Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 05:47:18 PM CDT, BOB K5HX via groups.io <k5hx=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Mike,

Other than WSJT-X (interfaced to HRD),  I only sometimes launch Grid Tracker which is using UDP Multicast.

Bob  K5HX

Michael Black

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 05:47:18 PM CDT, BOB K5HX via groups.io <k5hx@...> wrote:

Mike,

Other than WSJT-X (interfaced to HRD),  I only sometimes launch Grid Tracker which is using UDP Multicast.

Bob  K5HX

BOB K5HX

Mike,

Other than WSJT-X (interfaced to HRD),  I only sometimes launch Grid Tracker which is using UDP Multicast.

Bob  K5HX

Michael Black

What all software are you running and is anything else listening on the WSJT-X port?

Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 05:16:17 AM CDT, BOB K5HX via groups.io <k5hx@...> wrote:

Laurie,

I have tried both the single click and double click options regarding the Wsjt-x reply and noticed no difference.  Basically,  I keep clicking in the callsigns window and eventually one of the clicks is processed by WSJT-X.  The click detection success is seemingly random.  Sometimes it works on the first click (rare) and at other times it may take multiple decode cycles before a click on a callisign is detected.

de Bob K5HX

BOB K5HX

Laurie,

I have tried both the single click and double click options regarding the Wsjt-x reply and noticed no difference.  Basically,  I keep clicking in the callsigns window and eventually one of the clicks is processed by WSJT-X.  The click detection success is seemingly random.  Sometimes it works on the first click (rare) and at other times it may take multiple decode cycles before a click on a callisign is detected.

de Bob K5HX

Steve Masticola

> The WSJT-X API needs to be extended to set TX enabled on non-CQ decodes in response to a UDP Reply command (# 4) from external applications.

OK, in that case, would you mind filing either a bug fix or a feature request against WSJT-X? I could do it, but I know zero about the WSJT-X API.

73, -Steve WX2S

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/05/2021 3:39 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I guess that got changed...good to know...

Not in my tests, WSJT-X (2.3.1) is not going into TX on non-CQ Callsigns clicked in JTAlert.

On 18/05/2021 3:34 am, Steve Masticola wrote:
Not correct. I just double-clicked a random station not calling CQ in WSJT-X and it enabled TX.

73, -Steve WX2S

That's because you double-clicked the decode in WSJT-X, NOT JTAlert. If you performed the click action on a non-CQ Callsign in JTAlert, WSJT-X does not got into TX. I just now repeated that test with WSJT-X 2.3.1

The decision to go into TX is controlled by WSJT-X, there is nothing in the command sent from JTAlert that can instruct WSJT-X to go into TX.

The WSJT-X API needs to be extended to set TX enabled on non-CQ decodes in response to a UDP Reply command
(# 4) from external applications.

I guess that got changed...good to know...

On Monday, May 17, 2021, 12:37:27 PM CDT, Steve Masticola <wx2s@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Michael,

Not correct. I just double-clicked a random station not calling CQ in WSJT-X and it enabled TX. (You have to have "Double-click on call sets TX enable" set in WSJT-X.)

73, -Steve WX2S

Steve Masticola

Edited

Michael,

Not correct. I just double-clicked a random station not calling CQ in WSJT-X and it enabled TX. (You have to have "Double-click on call sets TX enable" set in WSJT-X.)

73, -Steve WX2S

Michael Black

WSJT-X will only enable TX on CQ calls.  JTAlert does not control that.

JTDX will do it though.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, May 17, 2021, 12:20:23 PM CDT, Steve Masticola <wx2s@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi, Laurie,

I'm having the same problem. Clicking on a callsign in the Callsigns window will only set Enable TX in WSJT-X if the station is calling CQ. This appears to be the same with single or double click set.

I did enable single click in the callsign options.

73, -Steve WX2S

Steve Masticola

Edited

Hi, Laurie,

I'm having the same problem. Clicking on a callsign in the Callsigns window will only set Enable TX in WSJT-X if the station is calling CQ. This appears to be the same with single or double click set.

I did enable single click in the callsign options.

73, -Steve WX2S

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/05/2021 10:07 am, BOB K5HX via groups.io wrote:
I am clicking in the main callsigns display area where all the decodes are showing.

de Bob K5HX

OK. I thought you might have been clicking Callsigns in the "Callers" display area. That is the area that displays the "Own Call Alert" callsigns. I can see how some click events can be missed in that area, but not the main area showing all decoded callsigns.

Are you set for single or double-click in the Callsigns Options. If double-click, change it to single-click and see if that improves the reliability of the click detection.

de Laurie VK3AMA

BOB K5HX

Laurie,

I am clicking in the main callsigns display area where all the decodes are showing.

de Bob K5HX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 8/05/2021 8:35 pm, BOB K5HX via groups.io wrote:
Laurie,

I changed the UDP Port number to 2237 and still am having no luck.  As before, every so often when clicking on a callsign in the callsigns window it works.

The JTAlert title bar does follow WSJT-X band/mode changes.  I also use Grid Tracker which is set up to use multicast (now port 2237).  However, I am not running Grid Tracker while troubleshooting this issue.

Below is the requested "Current Operating State" information:

JTAlert Instance       : #1
JTAlert Start Params   : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title    : WSJT-X   v2.3.1   by K1JT, G4WJS, and K9AN
WSJT-X Command Line    : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"
WSJT-X   --rig-name    :
WSJT-X Config File     : C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version         : 2.3.1
WSJT-X Revision        : 0e7224
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode    : None
WSJT-X UDP ID          : WSJT-X
WSJT-X UDP Port        : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server      : 239.255.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on LB : True
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema  : 3

UDP Ports used
JTAlert.exe           : 53839 53639
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 53587 53588 53589
JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe :

Audio output devices
[1] Speakers (Dell AC511 USB SoundBar)
[2] DELL U2414H (Intel(R) Display Audio)
[3] Navigator Transmit (2- USB Audio CODEC )
[4] DELL U2417H-4 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)

JTAlertV2.Manager (2.50.1.0) status
(2021-05-08 10:33:16 utc)
CLR Version      : 5.0.5
NET Framework    : .NET 5.0.5
Architecture     : x64 64bit
UDP Router       : Initialized : YES (WSJT-X)
Audio            : Initialized : YES (4 output devices)
BandData         : Initialized : YES (stopped)
Text Msgs        : Initialized : YES (started : 17)
HamSpots         : Initialized : YES
QRZ Xml          : Initialized : YES (K5HX)
HamQth Xml       : Initialized : YES
QRZ Log          : Initialized : YES
HamQth Log       : Initialized : YES
ClubLog Log      : Initialized : YES
Eqsl Log         : Initialized : YES
HrdLog Log       : Initialized : YES
DXLab DDE        : Initialized : YES
User Alert       : Initialized : YES
Updates Check    : Initialized : YES (stopped)
Environment      : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)
Maintenance      : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)

Thanks again for your help.

de Bob K5HX

That all looks normal, and your confirmation that the Callsigns window is correctly reporting Mode and Band changes indicates that JTAlert <-> WSJT-X comms is working correctly.

The intermittent nature of the Callsign click responses is the issue, we can rule out loss of comms to WSJT-X. Where in the Callsigns window are your clicking the Callsigns, is it in the main display (displays all decodes) or the "Callers" display (the stations calling you) or is it in both?

de Laurie VK3AMA

BOB K5HX

Mike,  I am using the single click option.

Bob  K5HX

Michael Black

Are you using single click or double-click?

If double-click try the single-click option.

Mike W9MDB