locked Callsign window doesn't minimize

WU9D <mike@...>

When I minimize JTAlert 2.50.1, the callsign window doesn't minimize. It sits to the lower left as shown:

Is this by design? I would expect the window to minimize like the others.

Mike WU9D

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/05/2021 10:16 am, WU9D wrote:
When I minimize JTAlert 2.50.1, the callsign window doesn't minimize. It sits to the lower left as shown:

Is this by design? I would expect the window to minimize like the others.

Mike WU9D

Yes it is by design. All the new 2.50.0 introduced windows operate independently of the main JTAlert window, they are no longer owned by the JTAlert process.

Like most things in JTAlert, there is an option to change that behavior.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WU9D <mike@...>

Yes, I have that option ticked which is why I posted the picture.

When I minimize JTAlert 2.50.1, the callsign window doesn't minimize. It sits to the lower left as shown:

Is this by design? I would expect the window to minimize like the others.

Mike WU9D

Yes it is by design. All the new 2.50.0 introduced windows operate independently of the main JTAlert window, they are no longer owned by the JTAlert process.

Like most things in JTAlert, there is an option to change that behavior.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WU9D <mike@...>

Try unticking “Show in Taskbar”. The window then doesn’t minimize. Tick the box and its behavior is like the others. Strange.

On 4/05/2021 11:54 am, WU9D wrote:

Try unticking “Show in Taskbar”. The window then doesn’t minimize. Tick the box and its behavior is like the others. Strange.

That is standard Windows behavior when minimizing a window and the show in taskbar setting is turned off. Since Windows cannot minimize to the taskbar, it minimizes it to an entry to just above the taskbar on the left. Here is mine when the Messaging, Callsigns and Activity windows are all minimized when the show in taskbar setting is off.

Windows does this so you still have access to a minimized window that is not visible in the TaskBar.
There is nothing that I can do about this standard Windows behavior.

de Laurie VK3AMA