locked F5 Text message operation

WB5JJJ - George

I've been caught by this a couple of times.

I start typing a response to an F5 message while calling CQ.  When a NEW station calls me back, their call replaces the call in the DX Call (WSJTx) and also in the F5 message window.  So, when I click send, it goes to the NEW call and not the one I was actually responding to.  So far they have gone to non-users, but I have to retype the message and make sure it goes to the right person.

Two things as suggestions.  1)  Be able to copy and paste in the F5 window and 2) keep the original call as the recipient until after send is clicked.

In the mean time, I just have to NOT be calling CQ or hopefully nobody will just call me out of the blue, from their history and make double sure I'm sending to the right person before I hit send.

Still adjust to the new Callsign window, but getting there.
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/04/2021 10:10 am, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
[...]

Copy and Paste is already supported by the message edit field. You can even call up previously saved messages via the selector below that edit field.

From the release notes of the next release, 2.50.1, due in a few days...
    - Messaging window: WSJT-X DX Call changes now no longer auto populate the
       Callsign field if a message is already being composed. That is if the
       message field contains text, the DX Call change is ignored.

de Laurie VK3AMA

K0GU

Edited

> I start typing a response to an F5 message while calling CQ.  When a NEW station calls me back,
> their call replaces the call in the DX Call (WSJTx) and also in the F5 message window.

I had this happen shortly after 2.50 came out. The station that got the unintended message replied to my ramblings about Cycle 25. I would like to be able to turn this auto call select feature off.
--
73,  Jay  K0GU

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/05/2021 4:12 am, K0GU wrote:
I had this happen shortly after 2.50 came out. The station that got the unintended message replied to my ramblings about Cycle 25. I would like to be able to turn this auto call select feature off.
--
73,  Jay  K0GU

That option already exists. Turn off the "Follow WSJT-X DX Call" setting. Simple!

de Laurie VK3AMA

K0GU

I already had that unchecked. I FT8 on JTDX if that makes any difference. I'll double check to see I didn't have the problem then unchecked the box.
--
73,  Jay  K0GU

Gordon Brown

Or update to jtalert 2.50.1