locked CHat support without WSJTx

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/05/2021 1:52 am, Franco wrote:
There is absolutely no possibility to use the JTalert CHAT (F5) without always having to start WSJTx first and then quit, why don't I use that??

Thanks for info
Franco

Messaging (Chat) is built into JTAlert, it cannot be run without JTAlert running. JTAlert needs to find a copy of WSJT-X running before it can finish its startup. Thus it is not possible to bring up the JTAlert Messaging without WSJT-X running.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Frank

HI ALL,

There is absolutely no possibility to use the JTalert CHAT (F5) without always having to start WSJTx first and then quit, why don't I use that??

Thanks for info
Franco

Frank

Edited

HI All

Of JTalert I also gladly use his CHAT that with F5 makes me reach the correspondent to pass him some info.

SUPER!

But I can use the JTalert CHAT only if I have activated WSJTx first, then I start JTalert and finally close the WSJTx for to run use another FT8 app which is not wsjtx

Would it be possible to start the JTalert (CHAT) without WSJTx or do I always have to first start WSJTx, then JTalert and then close Wsjtx for to open the other FT soft ??

I don't always use WSJTx and I often use another one for FT8/4 which unfortunately does not want to make udp compatible with the excellent JTalert. :-(

Thanks for info
Franco