locked JT Alert will not run - V 2.50.0 & 2.16.17

W Ramsey <km4jok@...>

The only “PC Protection Software” on the PC is the default Windows Defender.  The Window’s Event Log is clear –

On executing JT Alert 2.16.17, the error message below is displayed after the “Reading Settings Data – Standby” pop-up box has displayed.  When I click the error box “OK” button JT-Alert crashes.

What “undeclared” variable is on Line 41603 of file JTAlert.exe that is causing the crash?  Interestingly, I don’t see the Line 41603 error when running 2.50.0 – instead the program just fails after the “Reading Settings Data – Standby” pop-up is displayed.

Is it possible a configuration item in WSJT-X 2.3.1 is causing JT-Alert to crash (not start)?