locked Callsigns window appeared too small to be usable and readjusted


Steven Fook
 

Hello,

I don't know if anybody experienced this or documented it, but when I opened JTAlert 2.50 this morning, the callsigns window appeared like this:




Previously it displayed nice and big in all its glory, and I did not touch any settings to modify anything in the program since I installed the update a while back.
Is there anyway to get to the properties other than the gear icon that now I cannot access?

Thanks!

Steven


Joe Subich, W4TV
 

Is there anyway to get to the properties other than the gear icon that now I cannot access?
Like any other Window ... grab the lower right corner with your mouse
and pull to the size you desire.

73,

... Joe, W4TV


On 2021-04-26 10:56 AM, Steven Fook via groups.io wrote:
Hello,
I don't know if anybody experienced this or documented it, but when I opened JTAlert 2.50 this morning, the callsigns window appeared like this:
Previously it displayed nice and big in all its glory, and I did not touch any settings to modify anything in the program since I installed the update a while back.
Is there anyway to get to the properties other than the gear icon that now I cannot access?
Thanks!
Steven


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 27/04/2021 12:56 am, Steven Fook via groups.io wrote:

I don't know if anybody experienced this or documented it, but when I opened JTAlert 2.50 this morning, the callsigns window appeared like this:




Previously it displayed nice and big in all its glory, and I did not touch any settings to modify anything in the program since I installed the update a while back.
Is there anyway to get to the properties other than the gear icon that now I cannot access?

Thanks!

Steven

Steven,

That is unexpected. I'm not sure how it came to that. There have not been any similar reports.

All the settings for the Callsigns window are held in a single config file. It includes the window size, position and zoom settings. Your image shows that the previous session position and zoom settings were restored correctly, but not the window size, indicating that the config file hadn't been removed or corrupted. I'll investigate and try to reproduce the effect.

As to unlocking the size without access to the gear icon, simple, click the Callsigns window to make it the active window then press the F2 key. That will open the Options popup and you will be able to unckeck the "Size locked" checkbox (under the "Window" section of the Options), you will then be able to drag the window borders to resize.

BTW, the F2 key is standard across all the JTAlert windows for opening their Options popup.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Gary Yarbrough, KE5TD
 



On Monday, April 26, 2021, 02:00:34 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 27/04/2021 12:56 am, Steven Fook via groups.io wrote:

I don't know if anybody experienced this or documented it, but when I opened JTAlert 2.50 this morning, the callsigns window appeared like this:




Previously it displayed nice and big in all its glory, and I did not touch any settings to modify anything in the program since I installed the update a while back.
Is there anyway to get to the properties other than the gear icon that now I cannot access?

Thanks!

Steven

Steven,

That is unexpected. I'm not sure how it came to that. There have not been any similar reports.

All the settings for the Callsigns window are held in a single config file. It includes the window size, position and zoom settings. Your image shows that the previous session position and zoom settings were restored correctly, but not the window size, indicating that the config file hadn't been removed or corrupted. I'll investigate and try to reproduce the effect.

As to unlocking the size without access to the gear icon, simple, click the Callsigns window to make it the active window then press the F2 key. That will open the Options popup and you will be able to unckeck the "Size locked" checkbox (under the "Window" section of the Options), you will then be able to drag the window borders to resize.

BTW, the F2 key is standard across all the JTAlert windows for opening their Options popup.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Laurie,

I also had the same experience two days, but I used the F3 key to resize and it has not repeated.

Gary
KE5TD

Win 10 Pro
AMD ryzen 7 16GB


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 27/04/2021 5:08 am, Gary Yarbrough via groups.io wrote:

I also had the same experience two days, but I used the F3 key to resize and it has not repeated.

Gary
KE5TD

Gary,

If this occurs again, if your able, I would appreciate getting a copy of the Callsigns window config files before you resize the window. I need to see what sizes are recorded in the files when this occurs.

The files are "Callsigns_1.config" and "Callsigns_1.config.json" and are located at %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\
KE5TD\Config\

The files are small, ~3KB.

Thanks
de Laurie VK3AMA


Steven Fook
 

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 03:00 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 27/04/2021 12:56 am, Steven Fook via groups.io wrote:

I don't know if anybody experienced this or documented it, but when I opened JTAlert 2.50 this morning, the callsigns window appeared like this:




Previously it displayed nice and big in all its glory, and I did not touch any settings to modify anything in the program since I installed the update a while back.
Is there anyway to get to the properties other than the gear icon that now I cannot access?

Thanks!

Steven

Steven,

That is unexpected. I'm not sure how it came to that. There have not been any similar reports.

All the settings for the Callsigns window are held in a single config file. It includes the window size, position and zoom settings. Your image shows that the previous session position and zoom settings were restored correctly, but not the window size, indicating that the config file hadn't been removed or corrupted. I'll investigate and try to reproduce the effect.

As to unlocking the size without access to the gear icon, simple, click the Callsigns window to make it the active window then press the F2 key. That will open the Options popup and you will be able to unckeck the "Size locked" checkbox (under the "Window" section of the Options), you will then be able to drag the window borders to resize.

BTW, the F2 key is standard across all the JTAlert windows for opening their Options popup.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, that did the trick.  I was able to restore it to my previous size using F2.  I had the 'size locked' option checked, so naturally I was unable to simply resize the window using the resize cursor.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 02:49 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Is there anyway to get to the properties other than the gear icon
that now I cannot access?
Like any other Window ... grab the lower right corner with your mouse
and pull to the size you desire.
Unfortunately when the "Size locked" option is checked in the settings, you cannot resize it simply with the mouse.

73,
Steven K2EJ


Gary Yarbrough, KE5TD
 



On Monday, April 26, 2021, 02:58:37 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 27/04/2021 5:08 am, Gary Yarbrough via groups.io wrote:

I also had the same experience two days, but I used the F3 key to resize and it has not repeated.

Gary
KE5TD

Gary,

If this occurs again, if your able, I would appreciate getting a copy of the Callsigns window config files before you resize the window. I need to see what sizes are recorded in the files when this occurs.

The files are "Callsigns_1.config" and "Callsigns_1.config.json" and are located at %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\
KE5TD\Config\

The files are small, ~3KB.

Thanks
de Laurie VK3AMA

RRR and I missed typed F2 key!

Gary
KE5TD


Gary Yarbrough, KE5TD
 



On Monday, April 26, 2021, 02:58:37 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 27/04/2021 5:08 am, Gary Yarbrough via groups.io wrote:

I also had the same experience two days, but I used the F3 key to resize and it has not repeated.

Gary
KE5TD

Gary,

If this occurs again, if your able, I would appreciate getting a copy of the Callsigns window config files before you resize the window. I need to see what sizes are recorded in the files when this occurs.

The files are "Callsigns_1.config" and "Callsigns_1.config.json" and are located at %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\
KE5TD\Config\

The files are small, ~3KB.

Thanks
de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie,

Okay it happened again this morning and I am attaching the two files.

73, Gary
KE5TD


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 29/04/2021 12:17 am, Gary Yarbrough via groups.io wrote:
Okay it happened again this morning and I am attaching the two files.

73, Gary
KE5TD

Tnx Gary!

The files indicate that the small size of the window is due to incorrect values being recorded in the config file and then being applied when next starting. Specifically, the size recorded was ...
    "Width": 160.0,
    "Height": 28.0,

These values are very wrong. There is likely a defect somewhere in the code causing this, but what and where is the question.

Is there anything unusual in your shutting down of JTAlert? How do you perform the JTAlert shutdown or do you leave it running and discover the incorrect size when you return to your PC?

de Laurie VK3AMA




Gary Yarbrough, KE5TD
 

Laurie,

Nothing unusual in the  shutdown. I normally run two instances of WSJTx and JTAlert both are started manually and shutdown manually in reverse order.  The radio is Flex 6500 and operating system Win 10 Pro updated daily. 

I do shutdown all programs and the radio upon completion of a normal day with the radio on a little over 12 hours.  This morning on restarting radio and all programs normally run I got the small callsign window with no other abnormal events.

73, Gary
KE5TD

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 03:03:26 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 29/04/2021 12:17 am, Gary Yarbrough via groups.io wrote:
Okay it happened again this morning and I am attaching the two files.

73, Gary
KE5TD

Tnx Gary!

The files indicate that the small size of the window is due to incorrect values being recorded in the config file and then being applied when next starting. Specifically, the size recorded was ...
    "Width": 160.0,
    "Height": 28.0,

These values are very wrong. There is likely a defect somewhere in the code causing this, but what and where is the question.

Is there anything unusual in your shutting down of JTAlert? How do you perform the JTAlert shutdown or do you leave it running and discover the incorrect size when you return to your PC?

de Laurie VK3AMA




HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 29/04/2021 6:37 am, Gary Yarbrough via groups.io wrote:
I do shutdown all programs and the radio upon completion of a normal day with the radio on a little over 12 hours.  This morning on restarting radio and all programs normally run I got the small callsign window with no other abnormal events.

73, Gary
KE5TD

Tnx Gary.

Until I release a confirmed fix, you're best to leave the Callsigns window "size locked" checkbox unticked so that you can quickly drag the window to the correct size when it happens again. It is unlikely that a fix will be in the 2.50.1 release, due within a week.

de Laurie VK3AMA