locked Feature suggestion - option to partition call window for DX vs Domestic #FT8

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/04/2021 1:19 pm, Pat N6PAT via groups.io wrote:
Another from my wish list:

An option to allow splitting DX vs domestic call signs into separate partitions within the call sign window. Allow the user to turn  the option on or off as they wish.

What do you think?

That's coming, not in the next release, but soon after.

The next release has had a significant amount of internal changes to the Callsigns window to allow for varying the size of the Callers panel, which currently is single line or column only. This introduces a user-draggable divider between the two views. While not a significant change for most users who don't experience pileups where the number of callers exceeds the visual capacity of the Callers display without the need for scrolling, it is of benefit to users who do and want to see more than one line or column of callers.

These changes have introduced a new underlying code framework (no its not a new MS framework, its my own code) that allows for easier expansion of the Callsigns window into multiple views beyond the hard limit of 2 currently. I expect to initially provide 3 or 4 views in the Callsigns window with a choice or either horizontal or vertical splitting of the Callsigns window.

While adding extra views is now much simpler, there is still the code (and logic) that needs to be written to route the callsigns to the correct view, and then the  UI  to allow the user to setup which decode types get routed to which view. This is why multiple views will not be available with the next release.

Be assured, it is happening, and is currently being worked on.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Pat N6PAT

Another from my wish list:

An option to allow splitting DX vs domestic call signs into separate partitions within the call sign window. Allow the user to turn  the option on or off as they wish.

What do you think?